Homebrew Can you use python to write homebrew?

ButtonMarkedErase

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone! My name's Kiwi and I've been looking around on this forum about 3ds homebrew and I really would like to make something! I found this thread that talked about making homebrew, but it says you have to know either C or C++ and I only know python. I was wondering if there is any way to run python as homebrew? If not, I guess I'll have to learn C then haha...

(Also, sorry I'm new to joining forums :) )

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi KiwiDev,

Unfortunately you will need to learn C/C++. There might be some alternative options available (I'm not fully aware of the 3DS scene) but they will not a match C/C++ solution. (Languages like python require an interpreter which creates overhead and takes up a lot of valuable resources on a portable system like a 3DS)

Last edited by KirovAir,

ButtonMarkedErase

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi KiwiDev,

Unfortunately you will need to learn C/C++. There might be some alternative options available (I'm not fully aware of the 3DS scene) but they will not a match C/C++ solution. (Languages like python require an interpreter which creates overhead and takes up a lot of valuable resources on a portable system like a 3DS)
Okay, thank you for letting me know! guess I'll have to start learning C now lmao

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Creamy milk