GBA can you explain this GBA display glitch?

niomi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This happened a few days ago on my SP running Apotis on the x5 mini & FPv2 IPS. seems to be a fluke, so I'm not too worried, but I'm interested if yall seen this before. It reminds me of playing N64 with other kids back in the day who'd cause video & audio glitches by tilting the carts.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Had missed that homebrew entirely. Got ti pay more attention to the itch.io side of things (had seen some stuff but not much).

Anyway not sure that is a glitch or an intended effect. That it doesn't trouble the gameplay field or text despite otherwise being screen wide and looking at screenshots it could almost be a homage to tape game loading screens or something to me.

There is also the other big GBA tetronimo stacking homebrew game that goes one further (lockjaw/tetanus on drugs) and such things are also not unknown in the homebrew/user made takes on said tetronimo stacking with https://tetris.wiki/Tetripz probably being the originator of such things.

niomi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a cool looking glitch, but it's a gameplay freeze and really doubt it's an intended effect
I'll be sure to reseat that screen cable next time I'm in there

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol