can you change a friend code? help

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Lokote2134, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Lokote2134
    OP

Lokote2134 GBAtemp Fan

Feb 4, 2016
    United States
    so i have a old 3ds xl that has a9lh luma install i brought a n3ds a few weeks ago so i did the dsiware exploit successfully where it involved system transfer so now my n3ds is also a9lh and has luma so know i dont longer need my old 3ds xl and i want to give it to a friend but my old 3ds still has the friend code that im now using on my n3ds since i did that system transfer i was wonder if theres a way to remove the friend code on my old 3ds xl and make it have a new one?

2. Kyousak

Kyousak Aye Sir!

Nov 1, 2016
    Gambia, The
    It works you have to make a NAND Backup and format the 3ds without the sd inserted now after you formatted you have to boot into decrypt9 and dump the friendsave.bin and restore your Old NAND Backup and inject the friendsave.bin

3. Lokote2134
    OP

Lokote2134 GBAtemp Fan

Feb 4, 2016
    United States
    so i restore the friendsave.bin that i dump on my sd card? is that wha you mean or do you mean get a new friendsave.bin online somewhere??

4. Kyousak

Kyousak Aye Sir!

Nov 1, 2016
    Gambia, The
    You have to make a NAND backup and then format without the SD inserted this way it wont delete your games. Then after you formatted boot into Decrypt9 and dump the friendsave. Restore your NAND Backup inject the friendsave and you are good to go

Darkyose likes this.
  5. Lokote2134
    OP

Lokote2134 GBAtemp Fan

Feb 4, 2016
    United States
    worked like a charm thanks alot for the help!

6. Neptune

Neptune GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 7, 2003
    United States
    Internet
    That's a lot of work to run a system format. System format changes your friend code.

7. FearItSelf23

FearItSelf23 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 24, 2013
    United States
    Or just format to get a new friend code. No idea why you'd go through all that trouble.