1. Poke_Rad

OP Poke_Rad Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I've have not had much success with modding my switch. I'm trying to run emunand and followed the NH Switch Guide closely multiple times along with a few other guides but the last step, booting CFW emuMMC meanwhile CFW sysnand boots up just fine. At first, it would show the Hekate logo and show this message

"Unknown pkg1 version.
    Failed to launch HOS"

I found someone with a similar problem on another thread, and someone said to migrate the emuMMC, when I booted CFW with emuMMC it showed Sept by At\mosphere screen, followed by the black atmosphere logo before the switch turning off,

I've been trying to get it to work for a while now, a few weeks/months now (and I'm getting impatient, not gonna lie). I only want emunand for security reasons as I've heard about the "horror stories" of something going wrong and having it harder to recover on sysnand compared to emuMMC, I mostly just want to install NSPs and emulators. And I don't mind getting banned because I have a second switch I use for eShop/online play. I would appreciate it if some could at least convince me to use sysnand instead, I know its more difficult to update offline banned switch. I don't know, I just want to do stuff with my switch as I intend. Thank you!

2. chippy

chippy GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Just have a nand backup with boot 0/1 and your fine to use sysnand. Just don't add a network connection or just use airplane mode and your fine
    You can find the update files for the os online just Google it and you should find them easily.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - someone, Unknown, version