Can someone make an on-screen debugging app for your games?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by findonovan95, Jun 30, 2009.

1. findonovan95
    OP

Newcomer findonovan95 Member

United Kingdom
    I was wondering if someone could make an on-screen debugger for the wii so I can debug my games while playing them. It could have a button combination that you press to bring up the menu and the menu could have everything you need to debug i.e. keyboard, data, functions e.t.c. I've been wondering this for a long time but just kept putting off asking anyone.

2. illinialex24

Member illinialex24 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    That would be hard because the Wii runs in a certain way, with separate IOS's and the like, making it so when you start something an app, it actually starts and the previous app ends, making it so running a game out of an app would be very difficult with the Wii software, you'd have to make individual codes for each game or patch many IOS's.

3. nano351

Member nano351 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    how does debugging with usb gecko work?

Also it'd be kinda hard to debug the program unless you have your program handling what shows up on the screen or else you'll be stuck when the debugger pauses the program.

4. illinialex24

Member illinialex24 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    There is a pause debugger code for Brawl, and it allows you to go frame by frame. You'd have to find a way to get these codes for any game however, you could likely convert it over but still.