bubblymusic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
EDIT: I was too slow, I guess.

READ the home page of hekate. It tells you exactly how to set it up. You create an entry in hekate_ipl.ini that has stock=1. "safe mode" isn't what you use to play a game...
hey brother - I checked my hekate_ipl.ini and there's a line in there that has stock=1 already

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[Stock - sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
emummc_force_disable=1
stock=1

Please understand how it's setup. Anything inside of [ ] appears as a selection in NYX. With the above entry, you boot into NYX (hekate), and when you press "Launch", "Stock - sysMMC" will be one of the options you can tap. It will, of course, launch your sysMMC in stock mode. This is *presumed" to be safe, unless you have installed things via .nsp files into sysMMC. If you have done anything outside of HBmenu in sysmmc (also including running cheats/homebrew WHILE online), you are setting yourself up to get banned from online services.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm so sorry brother can you break down what you just said for me? I FIGURED OUT stock ofw is official firmware!

I can boot through hekate (by any chance do you mean tegrarcmgui??) or let it boot normally? How do i boot normally

EDIT: WHen I try to boot normally, it auto sends me to CFW and when i boot from hecate injecting payload it auto sends me to cfw...

to stop the autoboot just press (Vol -) when the Hekate/IPL splash screen pops up. Just a tap will stop the autoboot. Then you pick stock.

sounds like you have AutoRCM turned on so it will stop you from booting straight into OFW. No big deal. The method above do just fine.

Reactions: bubblymusic

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AutoRCM or not, immediately going into CFW (or preventing it) is still in hekate_ipl.ini. RTFM already. I am willing to help, but my willingness drops exponentially into the negative for people who refuse to help themselves first.

bubblymusic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
[Stock - sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
emummc_force_disable=1
stock=1

Please understand how it's setup. Anything inside of [ ] appears as a selection in NYX. With the above entry, you boot into NYX (hekate), and when you press "Launch", "Stock - sysMMC" will be one of the options you can tap. It will, of course, launch your sysMMC in stock mode. This is *presumed" to be safe, unless you have installed things via .nsp files into sysMMC. If you have done anything outside of HBmenu in sysmmc (also including running cheats/homebrew WHILE online), you are setting yourself up to get banned from online services.

AutoRCM or not, immediately going into CFW (or preventing it) is still in hekate_ipl.ini. RTFM already. I am willing to help, but my willingness drops exponentially into the negative for people who refuse to help themselves first.

I just want to say thank you so much and I'm sorry this thread reeks of me asking for your labour without much effort put in by me. Just so you know I was able to piece together the advice from this thread to play my purchased game from OFW perfectly. @binkinator love ya brother, thank you for helping me with that.

Thank you too @urherenow

• Love
Reactions: binkinator

bubblymusic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
back with another question! since this thread is still open:

Tinfoil isn't opening for me now after being able to get into cfw perfectly. any ideas why this might be happening folks? I'm struggling to find a thread speaking to this.

EDIT: folks are saying check sigpatches but i'm pretty sure i downloaded the very latest sigpatches while updating atmosphere yesterday...

i used this link:

https://github.com/ITotalJustice/patches/releases

Last edited by bubblymusic,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
back with another question! since this thread is still open:

Tinfoil isn't opening for me now after being able to get into cfw perfectly. any ideas why this might be happening folks? I'm struggling to find a thread speaking to this.

EDIT: folks are saying check sigpatches but i'm pretty sure i downloaded the very latest sigpatches while updating atmosphere yesterday...

i used this link:

https://github.com/ITotalJustice/patches/releases

iTotalJustice is what I use but others say it’s hit or miss.

Try the sigpatches in this thread.

Edit: also, how did you install Tinfoil?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
full transparency, I paid someone to do it for me.. I can ask the original guy how he put it on though if that info will help!

No worries. This journey will get you up to speed and doing your own stunts soon enough. Your SD card will fail. Updates will crash. You’ll delete some stuff by accident. It pays to get to know this stuff.

You can install tinfoil again by downloading it here. You want to full installer.

Do you have at least one game installed already or are we at clean slate?

If you don’t have a game installed you won’t be able to override and use the full memory to install Tinfoil so we’ll want to install something like Awoo.

To be fair Awoo is a great installer in its own right…

• Love

bubblymusic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No worries. This journey will get you up to speed and doing your own stunts soon enough. Your SD card will fail. Updates will crash. You’ll delete some stuff by accident. It pays to get to know this stuff.

You can install tinfoil again by downloading it here. You want to full installer.

Do you have at least one game installed already or are we at clean slate?

If you don’t have a game installed you won’t be able to override and use the full memory to install Tinfoil so we’ll want to install something like Awoo.

To be fair Awoo is a great installer in its own right…

Hey I have games installed already! Not a clean slate. What would you suggest?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I have games installed already! Not a clean slate. What would you suggest?

Great. Then you can download the Tinfoil installer and use the bypass key sequence called for in the instructions (need a game installed to do the bypass).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Flame @ Flame: Never fight uphill, me boys.