Hacking Can I update safely?

Cpt-DS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello.
I'm thinking about updating my wii to 4.1E since everyone says that Wii Sports Resort works like a charm with it.

I have installed the HBC and bootmii through the latest version of banner bomb, I also have wiigator gamma 0.3 patched with 002 fix (IOS249) and cIOS rev10. Sooooo, is it safe for me to update it?

BTW bootmii was installed on boot 1 cause for some reason it didnt let me install it on boot 2 :@.

Do I also need rev13 to play Wii Sports Resort or is rev10 enough?

Thanks.

ToneEQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Use Waninkoko 4.1 updater and you'll be fine. I have 2 Wii's, both were on 3.2 until a few days ago. I modded a friends Wii and tried the 4.1 update and didn't lose any custom functions.

Everyone will have an opinion of what cIOS is best, I use 13a with no problems.

Just do a NAND backup from BootMii and you have something to fall back on should anything go wrong.

I'd suggest getting NeoGamma R6 as I think the gamma 0.3 you are using is quite old now.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Cpt-DS said:
Hello.
I'm thinking about updating my wii to 4.1E since everyone says that Wii Sports Resort works like a charm with it.

I have installed the HBC and bootmii through the latest version of banner bomb, I also have wiigator gamma 0.3 patched with 002 fix (IOS249) and cIOS rev10. Sooooo, is it safe for me to update it?

BTW bootmii was installed on boot 1 cause for some reason it didnt let me install it on boot 2 :@.

Do I also need rev13 to play Wii Sports Resort or is rev10 enough?

Thanks.

Wat. Bootmii can be installed to boot2 or as an IOS. You got confused somewhere along the way. If it said you couldn't install as one variant, then you installed as an IOS. Not boot1.

The bug that 4.1 fixes is Wii Sports Resort automatically playing the motionplus for idiots video after every time you load a game from the sd card menu. Normally it's only supposed to play it once on the first time you load it. (which requires loading an alternate .dol if not loaded through the disc channel) See sticky on it in the backup launcher forum.

You shouldn't NEED to update your cIOS to play it, but you might as well update to rev13a and also use NeoGamma R6 instead of the gamma 0.3 loader. You would need NeoGamma to load the alternate .dol anyways unless you use USB Loader GX as well.

Cpt-DS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ToneEQ said:
Use Waninkoko 4.1 updater and you'll be fine. I have 2 Wii's, both were on 3.2 until a few days ago. I modded a friends Wii and tried the 4.1 update and didn't lose any custom functions.

Everyone will have an opinion of what cIOS is best, I use 13a with no problems.

Just do a NAND backup from BootMii and you have something to fall back on should anything go wrong.

I'd suggest getting NeoGamma R6 as I think the gamma 0.3 you are using is quite old now.

Can't i simply update it through my system menu? And Wii Sports Resort will work right?
unsure.gif

I'm only doing this because of it... I really need to be sure if I can play it with cIOS rev10 and my current backup launcher.
cry.gif

QUOTE(nabster92 @ Jul 22 2009, 10:02 AM) The bug that 4.1 fixes is Wii Sports Resort automatically playing the motionplus for idiots video after every time you load a game from the sd card menu. Normally it's only supposed to play it once on the first time you load it. (which requires loading an alternate .dol if not loaded through the disc channel) See sticky on it in the backup launcher forum.

I read it and the guy says that you can avoid using that .dol method if you update it to 4.1, thats why i want to know if its really safe.

Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==