Can I Still Do This? (3DS DSTwo Update)

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by CrispyYoshi, Jul 16, 2011.

Jul 16, 2011
  1. CrispyYoshi
    OP

Member CrispyYoshi GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    So I was in a rush (silly me). The flashcart would be completely ignored if I put it in my 3DS. I used the newest EOS (I'm already familiar with how this works, unless for some reason "_dstwo" and "ds2boot.dat" don't go on the root directory), and put the 3DS "dstwoupdate.dat" in the root directory.

The flashcart ran fine on the Phat DS I was using, and I ran the update. It said "100%", then the progress bar went away. I thought that was it, so I shut off the DS.

I put the card in my 3DS and instead of not doing anything, it popped up as a game called "Alex Rider" and I thought it worked. I ran the game and... I got a error message (from the 3DS itself) saying to turn off my 3DS and run it again. I ran it again and it still had the "Alex Rider" logo. I got the same message again and shut it off. When I turned it on again, but instead of "Alex Rider", I got a supercard logo and a title headed as "update error Enter, and then wait 3 minutes". I did so, even if the error message showed up, and shut off the 3DS. It doesn't do anything else anymore, and the cart doesn't even run on my Phat DS anymore...

So my question is: With all of this information, is there a way that I can fix this situation without the use of another flashcart?

2. CrispyYoshi
    OP

Member CrispyYoshi GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    EDIT: Nevermind, I got it working! Awesome!

I followed the 3DS instructions on here: Link

*Phew* For a second, I thought I was going to have to wait another week for my brother to come back with his (very outdated) R4.