Hacking Question Can I safely update to 6.2?

Jellykrop

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone,
I would like to get some advice from the community since I'm new to the Switch platform.
I recently bought a hackable Switch on firmware 2.1. I plan on using SX OS with it. However, most games now require firmwares higher than 2.1.
May I be able to update my Switch through the official method to 6.2 and still be able to use SX Pro with it? I heard that Nintendo patched the exploit (Fusée gelée if I'm correct) with this update, but I also heard conflicting information suggesting that Team Xecuter found a way to launch the exploit anyway.
I also plan on using an exFAT formatted microSD, which is not usable on firmwares lower than 4.0 if I remember correctly.

What do you suggest that I do?

Thanks in advance!

TheHackersHat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You’ve been able to update to firmware 6.2.0 for a while now; it’s safe to update. All you need is the latest version of the CFW you’re using, which is usually Atmosphere or SXOS which both support 6.2.0. Make sure your preferred CFW supports or has been updated to support firmware 6.2.0.

Reactions: Jellykrop

ut2k4master

Lord Tourettes
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
format you sd card as fat32 and use the emunand of sx os. your switch can stay on 2.1 and you can update the emunand to the newest firmware and play games there (youre def gonna get banned though if youre using it online)

Jellykrop

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You’ve been able to update to firmware 6.2.0 for a while now; it’s safe to update. All you need is the latest version of the CFW you’re using, which is usually Atmosphere or SXOS which both support 6.2.0. Make sure your preferred CFW supports or has been updated to support firmware 6.2.0.

Wow, that was quick!
Thank you very much ^_^

Jellykrop

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
format you sd card as fat32 and use the emunand of sx os. your switch can stay on 2.1 and you can update the emunand to the newest firmware and play games there (youre def gonna get banned though if youre using it online)

Alright but would I be able to then format my microSD to exFAT after installing emunand 6.2 while the OFW stays on 2.1? Where does emunand go? Is it located on the Switch's 32GB storage or on the microSD?

ut2k4master

Lord Tourettes
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Alright but would I be able to then format my microSD to exFAT after installing emunand 6.2 while the OFW stays on 2.1? Where does emunand go? Is it located on the Switch's 32GB storage or on the microSD?
emunand is a hidden partition on the sd card. i mentioned fat32 because exfat could potentially corrupt your sd

stephrk398

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd recommend going to 6.1 using ChoiDujor. I've never used 6.2 so I wouldn't know for sure, but I'm still seeing problems pop up for 6.2 users in these forums. Recently too. I personally always stay one FW below the latest to play it safe. I know you're new so the ChoiDujor method might seem overwhelming but that's my two cents. I've had zero issues on 6.1.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...nofficially-without-burning-any-fuses.507461/

Edit: Oh right, and absolutely backup your nand before anything. Didn't see that mentioned anywhere. :P

Last edited by stephrk398,

Jellykrop

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd recommend going to 6.1 using ChoiDujor. I've never used 6.2 so I wouldn't know for sure, but I'm still seeing problems pop up for 6.2 users in these forums. Recently too. I personally always stay one FW below the latest to play it safe. I know you're new so the ChoiDujor method might seem overwhelming but that's my two cents. I've had zero issues on 6.1.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...nofficially-without-burning-any-fuses.507461/

Edit: Oh right, and absolutely backup your nand before anything. Didn't see that mentioned anywhere. :P

Ok great advice, thanks! ^_^ I'll give it a try, I just wonder, I've heard that the official firmware checks when booting that you've got enough fuses burnt (I assume that they are burnt when updating by the official method), so if I was to update my official firmware to 6.1 using ChoiDuJour, wouldn't it check after rebooting if some of the fuses are burnt and refuse to boot because it's not the case? And what would happen on the next update? I just don't want to end with a bricked switch :rofl: I also don't plan on using autoRCM, I fear that my device would run out of battery and never come back on again :unsure:

Edit: I love your profile picture by the way :rofl2:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Coming.