Can I play downloaded psp games?...

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Shafiq123, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Shafiq123
    OP

Shafiq123 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2014
    Malaysia
    Alor Setar
  2. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    If your Vita is on the latest firmware (Currently 3.12, with a future update coming sometime soon) you won't be able to hack the PSP mode, as there are no exploited games that are currently public. If you're on a lower firmware, you'll need to have one of the various games listed below in order to launch an exploit by transfering them using a PS3 or a PC with OpenCMA.

[​IMG]

Otherwise you're out of luck until a new exploited game is found and made public.

Shafiq123 likes this.
  3. Shafiq123
    OP

Shafiq123 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2014
    Malaysia
    Alor Setar

so, what you mean is that If I want to play Monster Hunter,I need to have 1.67 firmware below?...Actually,what is the firmware?...Is it the version of the PSV?....And,if bya any chance,if I bought 2.0 version of firmware, can I do something to turn it into lower version?....And do you know how to install the game on psv?...

4. Shafiq123
    OP

Shafiq123 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2014
    Malaysia
    Alor Setar
    And oh yeah,I heard sowhere that if I us the TN-V4 (or something like that),I can play all type of psp games...Is that right?...

5. ZeRo_Bahamut

ZeRo_Bahamut Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2014
    Belgium
    Ninove
    No no, it's quite a confusing process and I've always just missed the exploited games of PSN, but here's how I understand that it goes...

Nearly every firmware to date has had some "exploit" game, this means, say you have a vita running on firmware 3.01, then you'll need to be looking at one of the "exploit" games for that supported firmware.

This means you'll need to BUY this game of PSN and quick too, because Sony usually pulls exploited games of PSN quickly.

After you have done the exploit (this means, using a save file provided by the community which will enable the exploit in the game), you can install any PSP ISO on your Vita and play, however when Sony releases a new firmware update you'll have to make a decision, either you stick with your firmware which has your exploited game and access to all PSP games (but you lose PSN access) OR you update to the newest firmware, regain access to PSN but lose the ability to run any PSP game.

If you have a Vita running the current 3.12 firmware you'll need to wait for an exploited game to get released to the public, and if it does, get the game of PSN ASAP...

Shafiq123 likes this.
  6. Shafiq123
    OP

Shafiq123 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2014
    Malaysia
    Alor Setar

hey thanx!!!...so,it means that I need to buy the game?...hurmmmmm:( I'm kinda low on money that I can only buy new ps VITA games just once in a while...And I don't have such money...Is there any way to play PSP games on PS vita illegally?..I had read an article at wololo.net that says that I can play any PSP games if I installed TN-V4 or greater..Is it true?...

7. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
    well if you wait
    [PS Vita] A 3.12 PSP Kernel exploit in the wild?
    there might be something good coming (if and when a game is named BUY IT ASAP)
    and
    to play them illegally update to the latest vita FW and BUY them off then PSN (many do need the ps3 to get them on teh vita)

8. gunner007

gunner007 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Zero spelled it out pretty clearly. To install TNV, you have to exploit the system first. Which requires an exploitable game from the PSN. No way around it. Save up the money and watch for the release of the next exploit.

9. Mira

Mira GBAtemp Regular

Mar 30, 2014
    Italy
    only eCFW works if you wanna play psp iso,vhbl doesn't...