Can CFW be uninstalled?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by DrkrZen, Apr 27, 2017.

1. DrkrZen
    OP

DrkrZen Member

Newcomer
    May 24, 2013
    United States
    Just curious about this. I recently installed Luma3DS and various tickets for my physical game collection, basically transitioning it to a digital game collection for ease of access, yada yada yada.

But can CFW be uninstalled? And, if it can, will doing so reverse any of the aforementioned processes? Will the digital titles still both be usable, and considered purchased in the eShop?

Also, one other question... was there anything that needed to be done, following the 3DSguide installment, related to online play? I hadn't changed anything in my internet settings (still on Google DNS/3DS in DMZ), but only Pokemon and eShop work for me, while I continuously get "Failed to connect to partner's device" errors in games like MHGen, FFEX, SSB and various other games that I've played online before all get 006-0612 or 018-0516'd.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by DrkrZen, Apr 27, 2017
  2. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    You can uninstall a9lh using SafeArm9Installer and choosing the uninstall option. However pirated material will no longer work and will not be able to be installed, and if you're on 11.4, your device will be unhackable (I'm not sure if the current version of SafeArm9Installer prevents you from uninstalling on a nonhackable version though.)

If you're trying to do local play, make sure the game regions match. Pokémon probably works because it is the same file across all regions.

Last edited by Quantumcat, Apr 27, 2017
    DrkrZen and Zidapi like this.
  3. DrkrZen
    OP

DrkrZen Member

Newcomer
    May 24, 2013
    United States
    Ah, okay. Thanks a bunch. I was curious if tickets installed, to make the eShop think they were purchased, would remain that way upon uninstalling CFW.

So, I assume installing a ticket, making the eShop think a game is purchased, then system transferring would undo all those games on my NNID, as well?

And, hey, thanks again for the help Quantumcat. Seen you a few times, now, in both my threads asking questions. I appreciate it. :)

4. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    No worries. When you system transfer, fake tickets don't get transferred, only tickets for bought content.

DrkrZen likes this.
  5. DrkrZen
    OP

DrkrZen Member

Newcomer
    May 24, 2013
    United States
    Gotcha. Thanks, again.