buying acekard from dealextreme

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by merbiyatch, Mar 18, 2009.

Mar 18, 2009
  1. merbiyatch
    OP

Newcomer merbiyatch Advanced Member

United States
    ok guys im ordering an acekard from dealextreme. but before that, i need some of your guy's opinions on which to get..

so tell me which is better. this or this

thanks.

2. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
  3. merbiyatch
    OP

United States
    hmm does the acekard 2 have the same functions as the RPG?in terms functinality and compatibility with roms and homebrews/apps which would handle better..RPG?or ak2?

4. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Someone else could probably answer with more authority, but the Acekard 2 has a few advantages over the Acekard RPG since it is newer (for example, I believe the way the AK2 hardware handles save files better supports newer games with larger save files).

The main advantage of the RPG is that it has built-in memory. But that's not much of an advantage considering the price. Otherwise, the menus and features are very similar.

-Bri

5. merbiyatch
    OP

United States
    with that said bri i will get the ak2..thank you for your time and opinion.. [​IMG]

6. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    I wouldn't say the AceKard 2 is better than the R.P.G., but if you take the price in account the AK2 is definately more interesting.

Basically, the AKRPG is the AK2 with dual storage. With AKAIO working on any AceKard, the RPG is not that interesting anymore.

7. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    the rpg has a much more solid build than any of the ak2/2.1 shells. the rpg has an area to cache a save file which is then written on the next boot up. this allows for saves to be the actual size and not the standard 512k. the rpg does not support the 1m save size, a limitation that was overcome in the current configuration of akaio while running on the ak2. the rpg's nand is slower and requires dma modes to function but it runs roms in a 1:1 ratio. problem games don't usually require hacks. one interesting example is GTA:CW, which worked on the rpg nand from the get-go.

for the money vs. features i would take the advice here and but an ak2.1 or 2 or 3. =)

-another world

8. Agent007

Member Agent007 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I'd definetly say to get the Acekard 2.1 but if you have a jap DSi ... then get Acekard 2i .... same as acekard 2.1 but with dsi support

9. bonesy4505

Newcomer bonesy4505 Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hello mate if i was you i would buy from focalprice.com got 2 acekard 2 flashcarts from them, delivered in 5 days from ordering i was well shocked at the speed and service from these guys, go for it and it is cheaper on there as well.cheers bonesy [​IMG]

10. imqchummy

Newcomer imqchummy Member

Canada
    Acekard 2.1 is the best card for the price.
    If the money is not a problem, get a cyclo before an ackard r.p.g. because it has more features but I don't think the price is worth it because I would personally never use the features.
    You can get an acekard 2.1 + 8gig micro sd for less money than the r.p.g.

11. Splych

Member Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

Philippines
    ^
    || People

Why'd you bring this back up? Chances are, this person may have already bought the AceKard 2.1...

12. m-p{3}

Member m-p{3} GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    With the shipping delays, he probably don't have it yet anyway [​IMG]

13. DemonDSi

Newcomer DemonDSi Member

United Kingdom
    well iv checked my AK2 and found out its a AK2i with the AK2 sticker. when i started it up with out autoboot in the DS it say AK2i, so im a happy guy now lol. hate when companys stick the wrong stickers on there stuff. be placing a new order with dealextreme soon as they hav load of other random stuff, and iv got friends who want AK2i's