Buying a Gateway

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ketheriel, Feb 8, 2014.

1. ketheriel
    OP

ketheriel Member

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2002
    United States
    So I've finally decided to go ahead and buy a gateway. Thing is I have been rather meticulous about updating my 3ds and it's now on firmware 7.1.0-15U. My questions are thus:

Can gateway run on the most recent firmware? I'd hate to buy the thing and then have it sit there for six months waiting for a firmware release I can use.

What store ships the fastest to a residence in the U.S.? I'd hate to buy the thing and then not have it for six months either.

Thanks for the help.

2. iCEQB

iCEQB GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 2, 2013
    United States
    Cancel your order....chances that it will ever support 7.1.0 are pretty small.

3. innercy

innercy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 22, 2006
    no.

4. aXXo

aXXo GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Gateway has been pretty quite for the past 3 weeks, ever since that bricking code incident that hit the fan on Jan 14th, they haven't said much.

5. DarkKnigh_t

DarkKnigh_t GBAtemp Fan

Oct 30, 2013
    Croatia
    Zagreb, Croatia
    youve finally decided to buy gateway? didnt you see that it doesnt work above 4.5 version?
    just lol

6. ketheriel
    OP

ketheriel Member

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2002
    United States
    Nope, didn't see that! Thanks for the advice, everyone. Maybe I'll just keep an eye out for an older firmware 3ds on ebay or somesuch.