Burning

Akothegreat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have an ISO file. I know that using a software that burns the ISO image to the CD and bootable

What I want to know is the difference when I extracted the ISO with winzip/winrar and burn the extracted files without a software burner?

wirty91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Well..

There shouldn't be difference. If you burn that .ISO for example with Nero it will burn the files inside that .ISO file. If you extract the files before burning you will make just things too complicated
lecture.gif

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It simply won't be bootable. Not a huge difference really, but you have little control over the method which Windows will use write the files to the CD. Your CD may also be unreadable on other systems that have earlier versions of windows, or alternative operating systems.

WarazX

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wirty91 said:
Well..

There shouldn't be difference. If you burn that .ISO for example with Nero it will burn the files inside that .ISO file. If you extract the files before burning you will make just things too complicated
lecture.gif

Yea, i would do this.

alukadoo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
It simply won't be bootable. Not a huge difference really, but you have little control over the method which Windows will use write the files to the CD. Your CD may also be unreadable on other systems that have earlier versions of windows, or alternative operating systems.
I think so.
closedeyes.gif

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ise IMGBURN its freeware for burning ISO's you dont need a lot else really
smile.gif

and extracting the files from the ISO ...depends what your intention is to use them for if the disk is only partially full say for example a small pc game you could in theory extract all the files put them in a folder and make a compilation cd/dvd of a few small games in folders and burn them all as a data cd/dvd ..although sometimes some applications on cd/dvd require a specific disk name for them to run or expect to find the files on the said titled disks so will not work without the original ISO
frown.gif

Akothegreat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I tested it and the only difference I got is the burning is slower, after all the ISO already has autorun.inf in it

and...
I didn't ask for a google

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool