Hacking Burning Dual Layer Games

El-Grosso

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I just bought some 8x dual layer discs, but I haven't found any clear tutorial as how to burn dual layer games like metroid prime trilogy and smash bros. Obviously it's a bit more complicated than just opening the .iso in imgburn and burning it, so I was wondering if there were any proper guides out there? Thanks a lot.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
use imgburn, burn at 2.4x, and make sure you set the layer break for the wii games with a .dvd file, which is what you load in imgburn.
the .dvd file is just a plaintext file like this:

"LayerBreak=2084960
nameofISOfile.iso
[[[blank line here]]]"

(no quotes and the last line really is blank)

Make SURE you "verify" all the way...which means the total process will take about 1hr+, some burners that burn flawlessly for single layer will fux up right at the LB.

THERE ARE ONLY 4 DL GAMES:

-SSBB (DVD5 version can be made by cutting movies)
-MPT (DVD5 version can be made by cutting MP3)
-Sengoku Musou 3 (JPN) (DVD5 version can NOT be made in any sensible way)
-Miri & Tibri (JPN) (raw data is about 5.3 gigs, but I have it on usb so no attempt to see if it could be changed)

make sure you try the disc on two wiis before you bitch about it not working, some wii's just don't play DL games well
also, as always, you first step if you encounter problems is to blame yourself and assume you don't have up-to-date IOS.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all wii DL games have the same LB.....nintendo themselves make this a standard.
this from a guy who has 3/4 burned and working fine.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dual layer multi-iso's (Wii or GC) are likely to have at least one game that fux up.....no way around it for noobs for now...good luck.

and by the way, I don't think Verbatim makes 8x, which either means they do and I'm wrong, or you aren't using Verbatim, which means your likely to have problems...regardless, burning at 8x will likely not work.

El-Grosso

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
noobwarrior7 said:
dual layer multi-iso's (Wii or GC) are likely to have at least one game that fux up.....no way around it for noobs for now...good luck.

and by the way, I don't think Verbatim makes 8x, which either means they do and I'm wrong, or you aren't using Verbatim, which means your likely to have problems...regardless, burning at 8x will likely not work.

Well I bought some x8 discs from eBay for a cheap price. I didn't think the brand mattered, only the speed. o:

rmbell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
noobwarrior7 said:

They infact do make 8x.
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/ver...db7f922de41en02

cheez203

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I changed the layer break, changed dao to incremental, burned at 1x and played on neogamma r8 rc1 on cios 38 rev 17. Works perfectly!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up