Hacking Burned games not really working

Hakou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, so I borrowed my friends nintendo wii since mine bricked and apparently my friend has a wiikey and modmii on his but he doesn't know when he got them and how old they are. Hell, he doesn't even know if he has modmii on it but he knows for sure he has a wiikey. We both bought our Nintendo Wii's on launch and the version on my friends wii is 3.2U. So far I have tried burning with Ridata, Memorex and Verbatim. Only Verbatim has worked so far but only with Donkey Kong Country Returns. Every other game I tried does not work (New Super Mario Bros and Tatsunoko vs Capcom) as it shows up and when I click start, it just goes to a black screen.

So my question is, do I need to update the wii to play these newer games? Should I burn the games still or can I softmod it with a wiikey in it and play off an external harddrive? What is my best option to get these games to work?

Thank you.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I were you, I would use ModMii to update your Wii and its softmods. This should install all the necessary IOS files to play burnt games with the Wiikey, and it should install all the necessary cIOS files to play backups off a USB device. If you're still having problems with burnt games, you might need to flash the Wiikey with the latest update file.

Reactions: Hakou

Hakou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the help Lacius, I'll try the ModMii first as that seems easier than trying to flash the wiikey.

Edit: Got ModMii to work, updated everything. Tatsunoko vs Capcom worked while Super Mario Bros didn't. I decided to use my external hard drive instead. Ran into a bit of trouble but after moving external hdd /apps folder to sd /apps folder, got everything to work great. Thanks again for your help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?