Hacking Burn Question

Snipermaster002

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know whyyy but ok so i use imgburn to burn Metroid prime 3 to a disk with 4.7gb ( the disk is 16x speed) but i burn it at max speed and it works great. but then lol i accidently scratched it so i use another disk( differnt type of disk but same properties like the disk is still 4.7 gb and 16x speed) and i burn it and it goes to like 97 and it frekain says error and i keep clicking continue but it doesnt work. why??? i dont want to try agian buecase i want to be sure so i wont waste a disk

Snipermaster002

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First dvds are not cheap. i got mine from radio shack for 17 bucks for 25 dvds. fuckin rip off

second what is coaser

third what do u mean by go with verbatim?

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I usually get my disks from radio shack , and there usually on sale. I was getting mine at $16 for 50 disks. anyway I know what you mean , I have had that happen to me a couple times , I chalked it up to it just being a bad disk. Or a very small possiblity could be ur burner is going bad.
The burner in my desktop will no longer burn -R disks dont ask me why , but it still burns everything else.

What he meant to say was coaster , you know what you but ur drink on.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Snipermaster002 said:
First dvds are not cheap. i got mine from radio shack for 17 bucks for 25 dvds. fuckin rip off

second what is coaser

third what do u mean by go with verbatim?
DON'T buy from radio shack , coaster is your cheap media problem , Verbatim is the best Media you can use and it's found at best buy for 39.99+tx for 50pc , good luck
yaypsp.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Discs are cheap if you get them in the right place

User -r discs and burn at the max speed on the discs if the game worked once then it will work again as long as you have a decent disc.

Coaster, slang for a recordable optical disc which has not been properly recorded or with poor quality content on the disc, implying that it is now only useful as a beverage coaster

bigianp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
air2004 said:
I usually get my disks from radio shack , and there usually on sale. I was getting mine at $16 for 50 disks. anyway I know what you mean , I have had that happen to me a couple times , I chalked it up to it just being a bad disk. Or a very small possiblity could be ur burner is going bad.
The burner in my desktop will no longer burn -R disks dont ask me why , but it still burns everything else.

What he meant to say was coaster , you know what you but ur drink on.

I have a external which would not burn -R disks when using nero or alcohol. When i started burning wii games about 2 weeks ago with IMG Burn I ran out of +R so tried -R which I had lying around and it works. So must be a software issue for me I think.

I agree that most bad burns are down to disc. Ive burned wii games to a brand of +R and most work and some dont. But if it states on wiki as work I burn to -R and they work.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
blueoakleyz said:
assuming it DID work, how do you force NTSC with the new loader?
if you are using an autoboot channel just hold B while it's starting to enter the config list , or just enter from loader .

trancepara

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My old DVD drive used to give that to me whenever I tried to read/write a dual-layer DVD.

It's either your drive, or it's the media. If it's your drive, try burning at 8x; I've had problems with drives that would just error out burning too fast (my CD drive was so old, it was limited to only doing 4x).

I usually get a pack of these at Wal Mart (don't remember the price but it's not above $30..I think :/). Never had an error since I've used them for my PS2 and now my Wii.

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Go to fing Office Depot for cheap DVDs, my nearby one has no Verbatim, but TDKs(not on sale) were 17 bucks for 100 DVD-Rs.

And 10DVD-DL for ~10 bucks.

Try Nero, it works good... If you are pirating games, just pirate nero 8 ultra.
tongue.gif

And I hate Memorex, they aren't good.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Check this out, since we are into disc and burning problems, I had like 6 DVD+R Verbatim 16X and all of them work fine, but 15 days ago I bought another 50pk Verbatim +R 16X and the package it's the same but they were made in Taiwan, I waste 8 discs and none of them worked, so, I went to Office Depot to change them, and now I have a made in India 50pk, and guess what.....??

they still don't work, so I went to ImgBurn and checked the info,

made in Taiwan says:
Disc ID: RITEK-R05-01 (I return them and that's all the info I take note)

made in India says:
Disc Control Blocks Information:
SONY DW-G121AHS0D

Physical Format Information (ADIP):
Disc ID: MBIPG101-R05-01
Book Type: DVD+R

and the ones working I throw away the label so dunno where they're made (shiiiiit da f***** as****e) says:
Disc Control Blocks Information:
SONY DW-G121AHS0D

Physical Format Information (ADIP):
Disc ID: MCC-004-00
Book Type: DVD+R

I have only burnt 1 of the Indians DVD's so I need to do more test, and all of the other brands that I found are made in Taiwan, I bought also a 25pk of Sony and Memorex, are still closed but my faith tells me they're going to fail, IF ANY ONE HAS VERBATIM +R 16X WITH THAT INFO IN IMGBURN PLEASE TELL ME WHERE THEY ARE MADE

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Your problem is that the Burning Program can finish the disc, search in google for a while, I actually am on it and I've found out that the MCC stands for Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, and they're made in Taiwan, and that the MBIPG101-R05-01 are also labeled by Sony, Philips and Imation, adn they're made in India like my label says, geezz Damn rancho that I'm living on

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Office Max is having a VERY GOOD Verbatim sale that ends saturday November 8.

Verbatim 100 pack DVD-Rs 16x for $24.99

(MCC 03RG20)

http://www.officemax.com/omax/catalog/sku....ategory_Id=null

Or you can go $10 cheaper for the 50 pack:

http://www.officemax.com/omax/catalog/sku....ategory_Id=null

The 25 pack in the store is actually $9.99 but online it says $19.99 :/

P.S.

These are all made in Tawain and work perfectly as these all have the same media code: MCC 03RG20

P.P.S.

Stay FAR AWAY from Memorex. Its only 2nd / 3rd rate. Go with Verbatim as its one of the 1st Class DVD brands.

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg0D1PpgCXs Trans formers.