Bullying

Harumy

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I was bullied really badly in middle school but it is very, very different for girls. It's almost entirely humiliation based for us.

Yea you're right... My case was a bit different...
My "friends" loved to let me know that they were prettier and hotter than me... once i wore a skirt and they said that i shouldn't wear skirts, they look very bad on me... when i tie my hair, it looked bad on me... even when i was in kindergarden i was always the bad, the old, the ugly one...

violence... hm... i enter the boys wc when i was 7 or 8 eight yrs and slapped the guy who was trying to steal my game boy with pokemon! stupid bastard

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I was bullied really badly in middle school but it is very, very different for girls. It's almost entirely humiliation based for us.

My "friends" loved to let me know that they were prettier and hotter than me... once i wore a skirt and they said that i shouldn't wear skirts, they look very bad on me... when i tie my hair, it looked bad on me... even when i was in kindergarden i was always the bad, the old, the ugly one...
Pffft, what lies! Obviously they were jealous! :wub:

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

violence... hm... i enter the boys wc when i was 7 or 8 eight yrs and slapped the guy who was trying to steal my game boy with pokemon! stupid bastard
there's a wide range of things girls do to each other with bullying.. and yeah, they usually do team up for it.
it's always horrible to be treated like less of a person for superficial reasons, and it sucks to become the usual target, especially of a whole group of people.
towards the end of my 8th grade the vice principal called my parents in and said it was both out of hand and beyond their (the staff's) control, and recommended an immediate transfer to the other middle school in town. it was amazing when that happened though. my dad didn't believe things were that serious enough to go through the trouble of transferring, until the VP herself intervened.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Girl bullying is a hell of a lot worse than guy bullying ever could be. I mean, it's like some females just transcends to a whole new level of bitch, solely for the purpose of being one.

I'm not exactly the kind of person to be swayed or bothered by what other people say, but even I would take a severe ass kicking over the mental bullshit girls pull.

Reactions: 4 people

Harumy

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Pffft, what lies! Obviously they were jealous! :wub:

there's a wide range of things girls do to each other with bullying.. and yeah, they usually do team up for it.
it's always horrible to be treated like less of a person for superficial reasons, and it sucks to become the usual target, especially of a whole group of people.

You know what i mean right? I felt like i was shit and they were awesome... sometimes words can hurt more than violence...
i used to think about the future, me like a forever alone lvl 999 and they happy and stuff...
now i see them on the street or facebook... some of them look like whores, changing guys like i change clothes, with a lot of make up, so superficial...
and i'm glad i was the bad or ugly or whatever, but now i'm a better person than all of them together :)

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm against bullying, but someone like you really deserves a beating, just from what I read I felt like beating the crap out of you, and I'm pretty pacifist. =3
Nothing of what you said makes you better than the others, also, what kind of man can't protect himself? You say you have a girlfriend and let yourself be beat up? One thing is getting beaten up but at least having tried to defend yourself, not doing so only makes you a wimp. =3
Only in rare cases would getting beaten up without trying to defend yourself make you look cool or superior, but then again, it wasn't one of those cases. Violence isn't always a solution, but in some cases it helps. Like I said I'm a pacifist, I was also bullied at a time due to a health problem that I had, I simply ignored them, however, if they tried something that went over the board, I defended my self, be it verbal or physical, I was stronger then them to begin with.

That mindset you have, seriously... What they do isn't bullying, is a wake up call. xP

Edit: Above the girl bullying mentioned above, while guy's bullying is mostly on the physical level, girls one is mostly psychophysical which is much worse: humiliation, harassment, destroying their self esteem completely... Girls are horrible to the others when they join in packs, I met a group of those back in high school, they were bullying a girl just because she didn't wear the most fashionable or expensive clothes, I only managed to make them back away since they were afraid of me like most people in the school but when I wasn't near her, they'd immediately go back to abuse her, they were despicable...

Reactions: 2 people

Roamin64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Only the strong survivres my friend.

Doesn't matter how smart you are, if you can't protect yourself and fight back, you're the prey. This can be viewed in many different ways. I don't know about Croatia, but in modern societies there are laws against harrassement and physical violence. You say the guy punched you off your bike,kicked you in the head, you had a witness, i'm guessing marks as well? Scrapped knees/face from the fall probably.. How much more does it take before you decide to do something. If you are not fit enough to kick his ass , just cheapshot him real good. He doesn't really seem to be able to engage you in fairplay anyways if he punched you off your bike.

You choices are slim :

Talk to the guy , and get your face punched in a few more times from the results of "befriending" him.

Take it to the authorities, and not gbatemp (not that we mind you posting about this, but this isnt probably the best source to resolve such hardware problems ;) )

Knock the sucker out. Only the strong survives man. You seem to be going against nature's instincts of doing ANYTHING you need to survive and protect yourself. Hell, it's part of the human rights chart. You are allowed to use any force necessary to protect yourself.

Toa235

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
Croatia
Yeah I know I sound douchy, and yeah maybe I do deserve a beating, but from a guy I provoked, only my friends know how I act in a relaxed atmosphere, but outside, among strangers, it's pokerface. nothing else. ( and yeah I was wired for high standards, it's douchy, but believe it or not I worked my ass off to achieve them )
I forgot to say that he's always with someone, how would you like that ? A man would attack an individual alone, having backup in situations like this makes him look like an idiot, and that's why I don't think physical approach will help.
How the hell would you feel in a situation like this : A random guy walks up to you, you've seen him, but never interacted with him. He starts pushing you around accusing you of stuff you know nothing about. ?
and yeah Thatdudewiththefood and suprgamr232 - you're both pulling things you don't like out of the context, read the whole sentences.
Skelletonike - some things you said in a bit rude way actually were true, and I do appreciate your comment, except the part about my girlfriend.
I deeply care for her, I learned what patience is while trying to get her. Now she's mine and if someone touches her I'll swallow my smarts and make that fucker pay, by all means.

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excuse me for being harsh...

I'VE GOT A SUPERIOR INTELLECT, I ONLY SMOKE THE FINEST, DRINK THE FOREIGNEST, BEFRIEND ANYONE THE WORTHY, GIVE PEOPLE STUFF, ANALYZE PEOPLE (SO THEREFORE I KNOW ALL ABOUT THEM), AND I GET PICKED ON.

I know a kid just like you and everybody hates him. You know why? Because he assumes he's "better" than everyone else, kinda like you. As Wasim said, try befriending him, YOU CAN TOTALLY BEFRIEND ANYONE AND OBVIOUSLY HE CAN'T SMOKE THE FINEST AND DRINK THE FOREIGNEST SO THEREFORE HE NEEDS IT.
Seriously, this. While reading this I wanted to punch you myself.
Try being less of a prick.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah I know I sound douchy, and yeah maybe I do deserve a beating, but from a guy I provoked, only my friends know how I act in a relaxed atmosphere, but outside, among strangers, it's pokerface. nothing else. ( and yeah I was wired for high standards, it's douchy, but believe it or not I worked my ass off to achieve them )
I forgot to say that he's always with someone, how would you like that ? A man would attack an individual alone, having backup in situations like this makes him look like an idiot, and that's why I don't think physical approach will help.
How the hell would you feel in a situation like this : A random guy walks up to you, you've seen him, but never interacted with him. He starts pushing you around accusing you of stuff you know nothing about. ?
and yeah Thatdudewiththefood and suprgamr232 - you're both pulling things you don't like out of the context, read the whole sentences.
Skelletonike - some things you said in a bit rude way actually were true, and I do appreciate your comment, except the part about my girlfriend.
I deeply care for her, I learned what patience is while trying to get her. Now she's mine and if someone touches her I'll swallow my smarts and make that fucker pay, by all means.

Despite what people think, fighting is hardly physical. If you have enough power to make an impact, you're sold. If you're as smart and as good at reading people, then really, how many people can this guy possibly bring with him to make a fight too difficult to win? If it's just him and one other person...that's simple. As long as you fight back, anyway. If you're just purely dodging...you'll get your ass kicked.
As for the scenario, i've had that happen quite often, the answer? Kick their ass.
There are a lot of situations where violence isn't the answer. Dealing with a moron isn't one of them.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
Think about why is he being like this to you, probably jealousy, trying to keep a distance could prove successful.

However, if you say that even if you ignore him he will still pursue you, I am not sure how much you are ignoring him. I've come to realize that ignoring people doesn't really work until you make the other person feel he/she doesn't exist in your universe, only when nothing they do would affect you would no only make them feel like they can't reach you but they could also become a little more pissed.

Consider this a phase, he or you won't be at that stage of both of your lives forever, he or you will move on so hang on if you don't have any other option.

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did take them out of context but the rest of the sentence doesn't change the meaning at all.
You still seem like a pretentious douchebag who thinks he can "profile" people.
Considering you have a "pokerface" when your among strangers maybe those people are reading into that and know that you aren't being yourself and he might've heard things you say.
Do you make fun of people when your with your friends?
This guys friends never attack you so its not like real backup.
If you beat up the guy the other guy would probably not do anything.

Also the reason I quoted the part about you smoking expensive ciggarettes and drinking foreign beer is because you don't have to tell us that.
The fact that you made it a point to tell us this is what bothers me.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
But there's this guy, pushing me around, at first it was verbal, after that he threatened me to beat me up, off course accusing me of thing I wasn't guilty off, just a few headbutt-s, I had to "apologize", after that on the new years morning, I was passing by, talking to my friend ( female ), he pushed me off my bike, punched me a few times and kicked me in the head, I remained in a standing position, and honestly my girlfriend causes me more pain during sex :)
I believe that can be considered as physical assault, especially when you didn't do anything to him. Just report to the police or talk it out with his parents (that is, if his parents are decent enough to negotiate; otherwise, just go to the police or some other supervisory figure, as I'm sure they can do something). Additionally, you have a witness (your female friend that was with you) on your side, giving you a big advantage.

Confronting a bully (whether it is verbally or physically) isn't the smartest thing to do, imo. I mean, if you think you're that much smarter than others, it wouldn't be difficult to come up with a way that doesn't involve confronting him yourself.

I'm not hitting him, that's concluded. Violence only leads to more violence, I'd rather work my ass of to befriend this guy, maybe even help him out in a way or two because it's really obvious he's lost with his life, I DO NOT KNOW everything about him, but some things are just obvious.
If you really want to help him out, he's better off getting punished over what he did/does to you, so that he learns his lesson. Tell somebody about it, and I'm sure they'll be able to deal with him. Thinking that you can just do it yourself isn't really smart.

Maybe he'll hate you for being a 'snitch,' but I'm certain he'll understand that you were correct and that you were trying to help him out.

I know I sound all pacifist and like a pussy, but I don't see any negativity in my way of thinking.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Wut.