Hardware Buggered dvd rom drive

• Thread starter exile
  • Start date
  • Views 1,229
  • Replies 5
E

exile

OP
My son decided he would shove like 4 discs at once into my wii and broke the dvd drive. Can I replace it with any wii drive? Or do I need to find out which model it is? It was a wii from launch.

Any suggestions on where to get a new one at the best price and a trusted place?

Thanks.

ModchipCentral

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can replace it with any drive.

We have brand new, literally brand spanking new, never used D2E drives on our website for $69.95 . www.ModchipCentral.com

You can also try ebay but theres tons of sellers selling refurbished drives and trying to pass them off as new.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
maby USB loader and USB HD ?!

large USB hard drives are pretty cheap now
smile.gif

accat131

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Your old drive may hold some potential worth to someone.If the board is still ok on the drive it could be removed and reused on one of the d3-2 drives..I doubt the board was damaged most likely the motor or mechanism.

E

exile

OP
ModchipCentral said:
You can replace it with any drive.

We have brand new, literally brand spanking new, never used D2E drives on our website for $69.95 . www.ModchipCentral.com

You can also try ebay but theres tons of sellers selling refurbished drives and trying to pass them off as new.

Thanks for the information. I will check out your website for sure and see what I can find. I was unaware it would cost that much to replace (*looks to choke son*), but I suppose you pay what you must and cheaper than a new one.

Edhel said:
Any drive will do. Just be aware the newer ones won't accept disk backups.

Do you happen to know how new I have to be aware of? Is there a model number or something that I should stay away from?

kobykaan said:
maby USB loader and USB HD ?!

large USB hard drives are pretty cheap now
smile.gif

Yes, I absolutely thought of that and figured now would be as good a time as any to do so. I already have a modchip in there, but it is an older wiikey. It also sounds like that new modchip the WODE will allow me to easily get by without the use of a dvd drive. I like having it fixed I think just so I know it is all working, but one of these alternatives seems better on the wallet for sure.

QUOTE(accat131 @ Dec 18 2009, 11:58 PM)
Your old drive may hold some potential worth to someone.If the board is still ok on the drive it could be removed and reused on one of the d3-2 drives..I doubt the board was damaged most likely the motor or mechanism.

Yes, I am sure the board is okay. It will read original games sometimes (just makes a horrible grinding noise) and pretty much failed on every backup I have now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.