Hacking Broken SD reader. USB options?

devinlsu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My SD card reader has died. I already have Homebrew Channel, CFGLoader, ULoader and USBLoaderGX (all 3 forwarders) on my Wii. What are my options to continue using my USB loaders and Homebrew? Thanks a million!

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The HBC can read files form the USB Drive, so copy your Apps there using same structure.

And then be careful, as trying to fix a brick without SD may be real tricky.

devinlsu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info. What about the cover art, disc art and forwarders? Will they survive the transfer from SD to USB? Funny thing is, I have BootMii as boot2 and can read and write the NAND in there, just not once the Wii is up. So, I should be somewhat safe. Crazy huh?

devinlsu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. I have tried 3 of them. All with no luck. I get "The device inserted in the SD Card Slot cannot be used" error when clicking the SD Card menu and Homebrew Channel just shows bubbles. For the life of me, I can't figure it out. Hopefully someone can teach me how to use my fat32 USB drive to load homebrew apps, usb loader forwarders and images, games, etc.

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Maybe you have a stuffed System Menu or SM IOS.

Or can the SD Menu of the Wii read the SD Maybe?, and not Homebrew ?? Other IOS issue?

If bootmii can use it, the slot cant be 'broken'??

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lucasonic said:
I'm not sure if the Wii would be able to detect an SD card through it, but you could try a USB Card reader.

Here's a good one at ShopTemp: http://shoptemp.com/products/All-in-one-Mu...eader-p-90.html

This isn't something I've tried with my Wii, however, I've only used it for my Acekard.

Negative, I have done this but it is treated just like any other USB Mass Storage Device

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back