ROM Hack Bricking in 2021

Tofu-De1ivery

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What constitutes something that could get your 3DS bricked? I'm interested in having more games on my 3DS, namely things like the DS Pokémon games, since they're pretty expensive to purchase right now. I play online on my 3DS pretty frequently, namely with Mario Kart 7. All the games that I play online are games that I've bought, so, if I don't play any of the games that I'd download online (in case I download more games beyond just Pokémon), is it still possible for my system to get bricked? And, what would happen if I went online with one of those games?

Follow-up question, does Nintendo even give a shit about the 3DS anymore? Do bricks even happen to begin with? I ask because I see random hackers in MK7 lobbies, so I feel like if they're able to play online, then Nintendo just stopped caring.

Also, obligatory "where would I begin", since I've read that YouTube tutorials are not the way to go.

Thanks!

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What constitutes something that could get your 3DS bricked? I'm interested in having more games on my 3DS, namely things like the DS Pokémon games, since they're pretty expensive to purchase right now. I play online on my 3DS pretty frequently, namely with Mario Kart 7. All the games that I play online are games that I've bought, so, if I don't play any of the games that I'd download online (in case I download more games beyond just Pokémon), is it still possible for my system to get bricked? And, what would happen if I went online with one of those games?

Follow-up question, does Nintendo even give a shit about the 3DS anymore? Do bricks even happen to begin with? I ask because I see random hackers in MK7 lobbies, so I feel like if they're able to play online, then Nintendo just stopped caring.

Also, obligatory "where would I begin", since I've read that YouTube tutorials are not the way to go.

Thanks!
Bricking as i see it. is nothing more than messing with the bootrom to make it no longer possible to boot the console and you get a blue screen error. Most other errors indicate something wrong thats fairly easy to fix.

Tofu-De1ivery

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bricking as i see it. is nothing more than messing with the bootrom to make it no longer possible to boot the console and you get a blue screen error. Most other errors indicate something wrong thats fairly easy to fix.

I understand, my question is whether the hypothetical scenarios I provided would lead to my 3DS being bricked

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome