OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Someone I know from Twitter (MangleMan25) said that he stopped being able to use his console at all after updating caused the console to brick. He never used any custom firmware.

I heard that using third-party docks caused numerous bricks, however he never mentioned using any of those things either.

So I'm wondering, is it actually possible to brick your system just by updating your firmware? I assume that it's a very small chance?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone I know from Twitter (MangleMan25) said that he stopped being able to use his console at all after updating caused the console to brick. He never used any custom firmware.

I heard that using third-party docks caused numerous bricks, however he never mentioned using any of those things either.

So I'm wondering, is it actually possible to brick your system just by updating your firmware? I assume that it's a very small chance?
Apparently Nintendo has only ever done this once which goes to show you that its not something that should ever happen. The fallout, backlash, and potential gain for Nintendo is not worth doing something like this. A brick from a Nintendo Switch firmware update is impossible.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my legit system bricked, but it wasn't a firmware install. I came back to it from sleep mode after playing mega man legacy collection 1, the cartridge itself, and it said "a serious error has occurred, please power off." system wouldn't power on after that. it was still under warranty, so I got a free replacement. Nintendo said the nand got corrupted somehow. I lost all saves, but I've gotten all back and better but two of them.

Reactions: TheCosmicWarrior

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm here.