Hacking Bricked Wii and Savemii

JetModerno

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My Wii is currently bricked after I foolishly tried to downgrade from 4.2

All I get now is a black screen when I turn on.

I was told that I can get around this with a Savemii, which arrived in the post.

I may be being an idiot but how do I use this?

So far, I've got it plugged in to GC card port 1. The red light comes on the savemii.
I turn my Wii on, and still a black screen.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
smile.gif

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Did you have bootmii boot 2? Also, didnt have to buy a savemii. A GC pad in port 4 with all 4 dpad buttons pressed serves the same purpose, google 'savemiifrii'.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Hmm, so you upgraded to 4.2 using waninkoko's upgrader... from 4.1 I guess..

IOS downgrader doesn't seem relevant since it seems you didn't install the boot2v4 (if your wii doesn't already come with it)

If you already had the boot2v4 then it might be the reason of the brick, downgrading on those machines reportedly cause this.

If this is not the case, dunno what might be...

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
yep thats been confirmed by nabster and others on the site as well downgrading the new boot2 will result in a brick in most cases (i doubt that waninkoko's updater will "alter" your boot2 in anyway however.

You can see nabsters post in regard to that here for additional confirmation (not as though wiicrazy saying so shouldnt be plenty enough reason to NOT downgrade knowing his reputation as a awesome contributor) but none the less some more info on that can be found here:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=170433

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
okay so i have a bricked wii cuz i intalled the 4.1 eu in my ntsc wii now it shows pink green stripes .is savemii helpful in this situation???pls reply~stuckup wii addict
Pink and green stripes is typical of a semi bricked korean wii. Is your wii korean? You should be able to fix it, but it requires a modchip or to have cioscorp/darkcorp installed. Do you have a modchip?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: What if succubus were real? :ninja: