1. tremendazo

OP tremendazo Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hey guys, I searched the forums, found similar threads but not exactly the same issue. I updated my switch through Nintendo. Burned 8 fuses(did not have any knowledge at the time about how bad this was). Read the importance of making a backup so I made a NAND backup using my 6.2 switch. I did not realize I had to make one for BOOT0/BOOT1. I downgraded to 4.1.0 because I wanted to get the keys, and I read somewhere that I was not able to get them on 6.2...so I decided to downgrade. I used ChoiDujour to firmware 4.1.0. I read that if you downgraded using Choi it would not burn fuses( i did not understand at the time about sleep mode). After the downgrade the Switch would get stuck at the Nintendo Logo screen and shut down. In order to fix this I restored the switch with my backup of 6.2... but I don't have BOOT0/1. After i restored I made a new BOOT0/1, but i think is the one from 4.1.0 since I never restored those just the NAND. I tried booting with all of the CFW. OSX, Hekate, Atmosphere and REINX. all of them fail. REINX something about bad magic, Hekate something about reading Package2, and Atmosphere Failed to stat stage2. I tried to follow the guide for making my own updates, but I am unable to get the keys needed from Hactool(keep getting an error code) or HACGUI (program runs, but no keys show u under .\switch). is there anything else I can do to fix this Switch?.

Agusto101 likes this.
  2. tremendazo

OP tremendazo Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Is there a way to edit the boot0/1 I have from 4.1.0 and make it into a 6.2? Or for example if I was to let say borrow a friends’switch update it to 6.2 backup his boot0/1. Could I use it on my console? Would that create any issues to his console? Get him banned, etc?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - everything, restoring, Bricked