taygomi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hi,

i briked my New 3ds XL some time ago. Now im trying to repair it somehow, but i have no clue what to do.
The 3ds boots into the message that "Failed to mount CTRNAND". I can access the Luma3ds v8.1 configuration and godmode.

Any suggestions what neccessary to get this device working again?

taygomi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
i forgot to set up a Wi-Fi connection during the process. i performed a reboot in order to connect it to my Wi-Fi; i guess that destroyed it.
i already bought a 3ds gold card a performed the hack with the magnet...and i tried a ctrtransfer before without success.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
"Failed to mount ctrnand" is lumas way of saying "Your firmware is too damn old!"

Update your b9s version and your luma version. And then update. This should do the trick.
Luma boots with pretty much every version of the official firmware (on very old versions with reduced functionality).

Failed to mount CTRNAND or CTRNAND FIRM is not a "firmware too old" error. It is what you get if the firmware is damaged, CTRNAND empty (or even missing when opening GodMode9).
======

Hi,

i briked my New 3ds XL some time ago. Now im trying to repair it somehow, but i have no clue what to do.
The 3ds boots into the message that "Failed to mount CTRNAND". I can access the Luma3ds v8.1 configuration and godmode.

Any suggestions what neccessary to get this device working again?
Make sure you have the latest GodMode9 version and give CTRTransfer Type D9 a try. Read the instructions carefully and don't skip the SD card check.

Good luck!

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans