Hacking brick protection?

bluebowser31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i am going to try to add a "theme" to my wii, and suposedly this can brick it.
so is there something i can download so that it wont get bricked? (i searched brick protection here, didnt see anything)

and maybe a program to add a theme? (if there is one? or do i just like install it?)

Chemodile

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install bootmii and/or priiloader, make a nand backup using bootmii, then use mymenuify to install whatever theme you like.

Gao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you're in BootMii menu, go the the last option to the right, and 1st option to the left to make a NAND backup, or other instructions; when you start up BootMii. You'll see the option that has a SD card on it, it's actually the option on the right of it that looks like gears for a clock. You choose that option you should already be on the option that has a green arrow going towards the SD card. Make sure you have at least 700MBs just in case! =P

bluebowser31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you, will try that when i get my wiimote
smile.gif

wait, what if it does get bricked, what do i do? just stick in my sd card? (and it magicly cleans everything, like mr clean?)

*off topic: read my sig, incase u have it, pm me it or email or anything*

Gao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you want to dump the NAND back on the Wii, if you did brick your console yes you do stick back on the SD Card how else can you install your NAND back on it when it's in your SD card =P lol, it should be in the same menu as with dumping the NAND towards the SD Card from the Wii. Instead it's the 2nd option, which shows a read arrow that's coming from the SD card going down towards the Wii looking thingy. Just to make sure, can someone clearify things correctly so he can think about what's he doing before he actually does anything

Chemodile

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check out this page for a better explanation on the bootmii options with pictures.

Basically the little chip in the icons represents your NAND. The green arrow going from the chip to your sd card is used to create your backup, and the red arrow going from your SD card back to the chip is used to flash a backup you've already created back onto your Wii. Think of it like a system snapshot in Windows, if that helps.

Gao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can navigate through the menu with a GC controller or the buttons on the wii (Power = right, Reset = OK). Directly from Chemodile Link

bluebowser31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorz, i read that, but when i clicked resset, it sent me back to wii menu, because it starts out on that thing, so i asumed it... reset it
tongue.gif

and how come i had 2 black/bad blocks first, then when it "checked it" or whatever, they turned green?

and how am i suposed to run hbc, then bootmii, when its bricked? (or does it just auto fix it when i plug it in, which would pwn)

also, i just accidently clicked the green to sd card thing again, so is it safe to remove sd/unplug wii, sense i just did it? (and it takes about 10 mins?)

Gao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would not touch it "WHAT SO EVER" when you're doing something important to the Wii. Just let it do it's job, unless instructed to do so from more experienced people/guides. You can access the HBC through BootMii with the 2nd option that says "the Homebrew channel" if you did brick your Wii and cannot access HBC through the System Channel Screen. If you don't want the BootMii menu to show up all the time after turning on the Wii, I would suggest to rename the "Folder" not the contents in it(Making sure you don't change anything else want you to be safe) to something clitche like "Rename to bootmii if need to"

*Edit* Don't mind those bad blocks, nothings perfect. My take is that when the bad blocks turns green, it turned green just to show it just "Checked" it.

Chemodile

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bluebowser31 said:
sorz, i read that, but when i clicked resset, it sent me back to wii menu, because it starts out on that thing, so i asumed it... reset it
tongue.gif

and how come i had 2 black/bad blocks first, then when it "checked it" or whatever, they turned green?

and how am i suposed to run hbc, then bootmii, when its bricked? (or does it just auto fix it when i plug it in, which would pwn)

also, i just accidently clicked the green to sd card thing again, so is it safe to remove sd/unplug wii, sense i just did it? (and it takes about 10 mins?)
Bad blocks will go from black to green during the second run because it's simply verifying that everything dumped correctly. This is normal.

In the event of a brick you probably won't be able to get into HBC directly. You'll need to either have bootmii installed to boot2 (ideal) or boot into it from priiloader (hold reset at startup to do this.)

If you just started a new nand dump, LET IT FINISH! By starting the dumping process over it has already begun to overwrite your previous dump. Pulling out early (lulz) would leave you with an incomplete dump. That is unless you've already backed up the nand.bin and keys.bin files that should have been created (you ARE backing these up somewhere safe, right?)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2