Breaking BOTW with glitches and/or bugs

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by TheTechGenius, May 10, 2017.

1. TheTechGenius
    OP

TheTechGenius </Web Dev>

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    I have seen so many people on youtube trying to break Breath of the Wild to the point you would have to load a different save because you cannot continue the story or anything like that.

But people are starting to realize that BOTW is an extremely polished game. The devs that worked on BOTW sure knew what they were doing, it seems like they thought of everything, so you can't break the game, even if you mod the game with JGecko, a save editor, or a trainer, or trying to find game breaking glitches in the game.

Hell, even if you glitch the game to drop the Master Sword, it still won't break the game. lol

Actually, its pretty hard to break the game to the point where you have to load a different save file, unless your save file is corrupted and wont load. I seen someone on youtube trying to break the game by finding a way to drop the master sword. And eventually he found a glitch that allows you to drop the master sword, but when he dropped it, the master sword flew off into the sky and a message box popped up saying something like "The master sword has returned to the place it came from", or something like that. So it actually went all the way back to Korok Forest, where you first pulled the master sword from the stone rock. LOL.

Check it out -

Its like the devs thought of everything, and even included a message box and an animation, just in case if someone figures out a way to drop the master sword. lol.

Its funny people are trying so damn hard to break the game, and the game just wont break. LOL.

What do you guys think about the coding, and the amount of polish work in BOTW?

2. UltraDolphinRevolution

UltraDolphinRevolution GBAtemp Regular

Jul 30, 2016
    Gambia, The
    The level of polish is astounding, esp. for this type of game and our day and age.

3. TheTechGenius
    OP

TheTechGenius </Web Dev>

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    Exactly. Especially with a full open world game like BOTW, its very rare for a full open world game like this to have this level of polish. I honestly think that BOTW is a true master piece. I can tell that a lot of passion went into creating this game.

4. wolf-snake

wolf-snake GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 5, 2009
    Mexico
    This game is really polished, but at the same time really unpolished

5. Reyn_the_Insane

Reyn_the_Insane Mega Man Fanatic

Feb 1, 2017
    United States
    OVAH DEAH!
    Ah, that's my Nintendo. Thinks of everything but the obvious.

6. wolfmankurd

wolfmankurd GBAtemp Regular

Jul 20, 2013
    I think the performance on the WiiU is a joke, the switch supposedly isn't much better. Perhaps the next Nintendo console will have a remastered edition which runs smoothly.

For what its worth I reckon the narrator is right, this was intended as a way for your to drop the master sword say to free up a inventory slot.

Much like when Wolf Link goes away.

Last edited by wolfmankurd, May 11, 2017
  7. wolf-snake

Feb 5, 2009
    Mexico
    Pffftt please, i've seen games on Ps4 and Xbone with worse performance than this one. And they don't even try to do half the things this one does.

8. wolfmankurd

Jul 20, 2013
    What do you mean by that?

Graphically Breath of the Wild is attractive but hardly pushing the limits of current tech( any particle effects and the game gets super choppy). I've never played a gamewith frame rate drops like this until someone reminded me of Perfect Dark on the N64.

Do you have a game in mind on the PS4 or Xbone?

Have a look at DQ8 on the PS2 with a HDMI and 1080 mod it's graphically very similar with a simpler lighting system and no particles.

9. DeoNaught

DeoNaught ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Aug 22, 2016
    United States
    Over there ;)
    One time (When i started playing) i opened the shieka slate,
    and when i closed it link was looking at it still and i could'nt move, after a little his head just kept spinning.

10. wolf-snake

Feb 5, 2009
    Mexico
    Not talking about graphics, more like concepts. And i got 2 Open World games on released on those 2 other systems that ran like crap. Assassins Creed Unity Pre-Patched, and Batman Arkham Knight are 2 big examples.

11. TheTechGenius
    OP

TheTechGenius </Web Dev>

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    I barely ever see frame rate drops on the WiiU while playing BOTW. But I only play using the Gamepad only, so maybe that is why? If I do see any frame rate drops, they are not very noticeable, and/or they only last for a split second. During my 300+ hours of playing BOTW, I probably only seen maybe 4 or 5 times really noticeable frame drops. I don't know, maybe its just me.

12. wolfmankurd

Jul 20, 2013

I'll try using the game pad I used the pro controller exclusively. Blood moon in a village = vomit comet for me.

Fwiw I've had a few enemies fall through the ground if I hit them and they fly into a concave texture joint.

What's open world got to do with performance issues? Performance is a engine issue.

Performance issues are ultimately down to either poor code(rushed or lazy devs) which is very unlikely the case for Nintendo, or hardware limitations (Bingo!)

Switch performance just doesn't cut it, sometimes with new consoles this is unfamiliarity with the hardware (PS3s cell processors and Saturns dual cpu archetcure come to mind). This is not the case here, Nintendo is well aquinted with the wiiu architecture or the switch's Tegra which is very similar to the Nvidea shield.

Since the GameCube Nintendo tech has been lagging behind their ideas. That's just a fact of life at this point.

13. DeoNaught

DeoNaught ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Aug 22, 2016
    United States
    Over there ;)
    I have gotten frame drops,
    are you using digital or disk?

14. wolfmankurd

Jul 20, 2013
    I'm using retail disc now originally I was using hard drive install. Not noticing much improvement with disc. I'm thinking of clearing some nand space to move it over, and try it there.

15. TheTechGenius
    OP

TheTechGenius </Web Dev>

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    I am using the retail disc USA version.

I mean I have seen frame drops, but nothing that takes away from the game, just tiny little hiccups here and there, nothing major at all.

Actually, it's nothing to really talk about honestly. I guess the performance is good for some, and worse for others maybe?

But yeah, I play on gamepad only, even with Tcpgecko and BOTW trainer running in the background while I'm playing, and I barely ever see any noticeable frame drops. If do see any drops in frames, it's for a very split second.

Last edited by TheTechGenius, May 11, 2017
    DeoNaught likes this.