Braindump Help

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Cashmerella, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Cashmerella
    OP

Cashmerella Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2016
    Canada
    So, keep in mind that I'm not very tech-savvy. Please be patient because I'm really trying hard!

So I'm trying to do HANS and everything for FE Fates.
    I got braindump working and everything. It's on my SD card and all. And the program boots up fine, selects what I want it to.
    However...
    I told it to dump the game, and waited for it to finish. It said it did it?
    ...But I cannot find the files for the dump on my SD card. :C
    Can anyone help?

2. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Look for either a folder with a long title name (which is the Title ID) or a .cxi file.

3. Cashmerella
    OP

Cashmerella Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2016
    Canada
    Ah, nobody said anything about a file in the tutorials I read, just a folder. Maybe I just missed it! What do I do with the file exactly tho...? Do the files listed in the tutorials need to be extracted from it?? Because all the tutorials say I need those folders.

4. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Which one do you have? You need to extract the romfs and the exefs from the .cxi file. Read this: https://github.com/ihaveamac/3DS-ro...lication-dumped-from-braindump-in-.cxi-format. Then see if you can continue whatever tutorial you were following.

5. Cashmerella
    OP

Cashmerella Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2016
    Canada
  6. Cashmerella
    OP

Cashmerella Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2016
    Canada
    So... ctrtool doesn't work on my computer, as I only have access to 32-bit operating systems. :c (They're kinda old, too... I was lucky one had an SD card slot.)
    Is there another program to do it with? I searched extensively but couldn't find one...

7. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    There was a way to make it work but I think you have to compile ctrtool yourself for 32-bit systems.

8. ihaveamac

ihaveamac GBAtemp Guru

Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    Tigard, OR

Attached Files:

9. Cashmerella
    OP

Cashmerella Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2016
    Canada
    Eh? I'm not quite sure how to do that...

Ah, is that one that'll work on 32-bit? Thank you!!

I may have gotten in over my head with the hacking tbh as I'm not very tech savvy, but I've come too far to give up! >w<
    Thank you both very much for the help!! I will try it now! :)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Ack... I tried opening said program, but it doesn't seem to work... it just closes instantly. I assume it's some kind of error. :c
    I don't know anything about this sort of stuff, so unfortunately building it myself would be impossible...

10. Cashmerella
    OP

Cashmerella Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2016
    Canada
    Is it something easy to do on someone else's computer? Perhaps I can use a friend's... >w<

11. ihaveamac

ihaveamac GBAtemp Guru

Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    Tigard, OR
    you're supposed to use the terminal/cmd. assuming you're on Windows, use "Command Prompt".

12. Cashmerella
    OP

Cashmerella Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2016
    Canada
    Err... terminal? What does that mean? I'm on Windows, yes. What's command prompt? Is that something on the program? It won't open.

13. TheVinAnator

TheVinAnator GBATemp's Greatest Vin

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    It's a program on your PC. Look for it and open it up!

14. Cashmerella
    OP

Cashmerella Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2016
    Canada
    Ah, I see it! Thank you very much!! :)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I think that ctrtool is running but... I don't understand the instructions that were given...
    I'm sorry to keep asking for help, but I've been spending all my time on this for three days straight and I'm just really frustrated. :(
    I'm using this: https://github.com/ihaveamac/3DS-ro...lication-dumped-from-braindump-in-.cxi-format
    And it says to extract it but I'm not sure how to tell it where the cxi file is?? :(
    I've gotten to the point where I have like 50 different tutorials booked for this right now because I don't understand any of them and I'm just completely lost..

TheVinAnator likes this.
  15. Cashmerella
    OP

Cashmerella Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2016
    Canada
    AAA I did ittt! I extracted them! Thank you guys so much!! ^^