Shain7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone

So I bought an used Wii u yesterday and was given an external hdd but the enclosure is broken so I’ve ordered another one

The guy I bought it from has said there are games on the hdd and I know it’s hacked as when I go on the daily log I can see the users have used homebrew launcher.

Problem is there isn’t an sd card and I can’t find homebrew launcher in the Wii u menu, so is there a way I can launch homebrew launcher? Do I need an sd card, and also how would I know what cfw it’s using?

Apologies for the dumb questions it’s my first time with a Wii u that I’m pretty sure is hacked

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This sounds as a dirty sell. He sold you a Wii U with HDD. But did not give the SD... The SD is important.
However, replacing it with another SD with home-brew Chanel on it should work I believe.

Shain7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This sounds as a dirty sell. He sold you a Wii U with HDD. But did not give the SD... The SD is important.
However, replacing it with another SD with home-brew Chanel on it should work I believe.
Yeah I think it is a bad sell, but I’ve got it now . So how would I go about re doing the sd card?

BvanBart

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmm... best option is to insert a SD and let the switch format it... that way the necessary homefolders are on there.

Then use the hack guide for the Wii U and you can progress from there :-) Google for the link as I believe we can not link that here...

Shain7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm... best option is to insert a SD and let the switch format it... that way the necessary homefolders are on there.

Then use the hack guide for the Wii U and you can progress from there :-) Google for the link as I believe we can not link that here...
Thanks really appreciate that, I’ve checked the hack guide out and there are 2 cfw the hexachi and mocha, does it matter which files I use? And how can I tell which cfw is my Wii u?

BvanBart

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well I used Hexachi. I never used Mocha so I cannot help you there. However, if u use the SD card and try to load it up you can see what happens? (sorry touching in the blank here....)

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

Hello everyone

So I bought an used Wii u yesterday and was given an external hdd but the enclosure is broken so I’ve ordered another one

The guy I bought it from has said there are games on the hdd and I know it’s hacked as when I go on the daily log I can see the users have used homebrew launcher.

Problem is there isn’t an sd card and I can’t find homebrew launcher in the Wii u menu, so is there a way I can launch homebrew launcher? Do I need an sd card, and also how would I know what cfw it’s using?

Apologies for the dumb questions it’s my first time with a Wii u that I’m pretty sure is hacked

Do you maybe have such a Screen

P1020145.JPG

at the Power on/Boot up Process ?

Do you mabye have such an Icon somewhere on the Wi U Main Screen please ?

P1020144.JPG

Thank you.:)

Reactions: jeannotte

Shain7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well I used Hexachi. I never used Mocha so I cannot help you there. However, if u use the SD card and try to load it up you can see what happens? (sorry touching in the blank here....)
Yeah I’ll add the files and see what I can do, thanks for your help!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hello.:)

Do you maybe have such a Screen

View attachment 245307

at the Power on/Boot up Process ?

Do you mabye have such an Icon somewhere on the Wi U Main Screen please ?

View attachment 245308

Hey thanks for replying! No I don’t have any of the images above on the Wii u I did check as I done an google search and thought I’ll check for the icons on the Wii u menu I scrolled every page but it’s not there does that mean I’ll have mocha?

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Yeah I’ll add the files and see what I can do, thanks for your help!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey thanks for replying! No I don’t have any of the images above on the Wii u I did check as I done an google search and thought I’ll check for the icons on the Wii u menu I scrolled every page but it’s not there does that mean I’ll have mocha?

Maybe,you can check it with the Guide from here please:
https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/mocha/entrypoint-choice

Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Looks like a Famicom handheld