Booting up trouble shooting

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by kmno, Apr 25, 2015.

1. kmno
    OP

kmno Member

Newcomer
    Aug 23, 2013
    Mexico
    Hi long time I posted here and I'm in need of help. I was playing FFV and my GBA Micro has some problems with the on/off switch and probably the battery in that it may have a short circuit and sometimes when I'm playing even with full battery the red light turns on and when it gets extreme it just shuts off.

So I was playing and having that problem and decided to charge the Micro so I could keep playing without problems, until it just went off, I tried to turn it on again and after many tries I made it but I had a screen telling me that there is no loader found, and something about fat inital 1. I tried to format the card and loading again the ez client and all that comes with it and still I'm getting that screen. I'm fearing it may be a hardware issue in which case I think I'm screwed, hope it isn't the case so if anyone can help I'd appreciate it.

2. migles

migles GBAtemp Guru

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    China
    Earth-chan
    no loader found, probably you pressed (or still pressing) the R button while turning it on, and he tried to update...

do you have a gba game you can test the R button? to make sure its not always pressed down?

3. kmno
    OP

kmno Member

Newcomer
    Aug 23, 2013
    Mexico
    Nope not pressed the R button, I always have care with that, even then I erased the whole SD card, replaced the loader and still had the problem, after several days I finally managed to get it work but I don't know what happened, and if it could be a hardware problem instead of a software one. My power switch is getting worse by the day and I need to get it fixed somehow.

4. migles

migles GBAtemp Guru

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    China
    Earth-chan
    what i meant was, maybe internally the R button was faulty and accidentally pressing, sometimes it may happen.

5. kmno
    OP

kmno Member

Newcomer
    Aug 23, 2013
    Mexico
    Oh I see, perhaps but never before I had that problem. And so far the new loader is working flawlessly, but I'll keep an eye on the R button.