Boot into loader

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by johand, Dec 12, 2013.

1. johand
    OP

johand Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2013
    Belgium
    Is it possible to boot directly into USB Loader GX? Not only install a channel to go to USB Loader GX (that i found), but directly to USB Loader GX?
    Should i do it or is it inadvisable?

thx

2. Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
    Yeah, install priiloader, you can install its boot.dol as a bootable file in priiloader and have it automatically boot to that. Should work just fine.

3. johand
    OP

johand Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2013
    Belgium
    If install its boot dol, will it be easy it switch it back off/on?

4. Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
    It's as simple as booting into priiloader (hold the reset button immediately after turning the wii on) and changing "Boot to:" from "Installed File" (the boot.dol for USB Loader GX to autoboot) to "System Menu" and hitting save. If you've familiarized yourself with priiloader (looked around it a few times) the whole process to change it from autobooting a file to the System Menu takes about ten seconds.

5. johand
    OP

johand Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2013
    Belgium
    Do i have to install the boot dol for usb loader seperatly, or did it came with the installation of usb loader gx?

6. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    Do not install the loader's boot.dol in priiloader, you will miss features.

install the forwarder's boot.dol instead
    Download the "USBLoader_GX_V3_0_AllinOnePackage_IOS249.zip ", and look in the wad/dol/ folder, you will find the forwarder.dol
    Forwarder's dol -> in priiloader
    Loader's dol -> on SD/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol
    (PS: I don't know how this works, it shouldn't provide AHB access, unless the forwarder dol actually launch the installed forwarder, but users reported it's working with installing this dol).

or tell Priiloader to auto-boot UNEO channel installed on your system. It will provide AHB access and allows launching of other homebrew (such as Devolution, nintendont, WiiMC etc.)