Black Ops 2 Fastfile Modding

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by BullyWiiPlaza, Sep 1, 2015.

1. BullyWiiPlaza
    OP

BullyWiiPlaza Nintendo Hacking <3

Aug 2, 2014
    Germany
    Hey guys,

I made this topic to possibly get others involved in trying to figure out how to decrypt, edit and encrypt .ff files (so called fastfiles). Learn some technical details about them here. Especially direct your attention at the encrypted data block that supposedly uses salsa20 and the Xbox360/PS3 key is also given. Cafiine's ability to dump any file on the disk is indeed working fine.

Certain fastfiles are particularly interesting such as
    Code:
    zm_transit.ff
    because they can be scripted for to create things like mod menus in the game. The other platforms seem to be using a tool called GSC Studio for modding. It is yet unclear to me, how it can be used on the Wii U as well but it could be possible. It can inject compiled GSC files into the game wirelessly.

I also found a C# code which supposedly implements decryption but I didn't manage to compile it (I'm not a C# programmer though). You can find it here.

Even if you do not have the game, you can still help researching on this. Since posting game files is considered as warez, I won't post them publicly but you can have them via private message still if you're interested on helping.

If you want to see an example of a functional FF Explorer, download this application. Then just search for "Black Ops Wii Mod Menu" or something like that on Google. Proceed to open the file :P

Getting this to work on Black Ops 2 may even be fun to try since there is quite some information available, so send me a PM to get the files.

Thank you for your time :)

Last edited by BullyWiiPlaza, Sep 2, 2015
    VinsCool likes this.
  2. Swinky

Swinky Member

Newcomer
    Jun 25, 2015
    United States
    Very interesting.
    :)

BullyWiiPlaza likes this.
  3. FirstLady

FirstLady GBAtemp Regular

May 25, 2015
    United States
    Bully? It's "justintime", my brother. Don't ask me why my name is FirstLady, lmao xD

I'm following your posts and videos etc. I'm on an exploitable FW and about to install the exploit today, via your videos.

Thanks for everything, bro. I'm also interested in BO2, even Ghosts ;)

This is gonna be a fun ride!

Keep up the good works :)

4. BullyWiiPlaza
    OP

Aug 2, 2014
    Germany
    Does anyone manage to compile the sources of the following two projects?
    https://www.itsmods.com/forum/Thread-Release-Black-Ops-2-FastFile-decrypter.html
    https://www.itsmods.com/forum/Thread-Release-Black-Ops-II-Fast-File-Explorer.html

Maybe swapping out the Salsa20 key with the Wii U one would do the trick already. The first project is in C++ and the second one in C#. I have no idea how to compile the first one since no Makefile or anything is included and the second one has compile errors in Visual Studio and MSBuild. Any ideas?

5. FaTaL_ErRoR

FaTaL_ErRoR AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ

Mar 9, 2014
    United States
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It's all there....You just have to build it. There's even the config file for windows....If you want tell me which linux you are using and I'll make you a makefile....But I am sure you can figure this out on your own.

6. nastys

nastys ナースティス

Aug 5, 2014
    Italy
    Earth
    How do you create a Makefile?
    I have Black Ops II and I'd like to try this tool on Ubuntu...

7. FaTaL_ErRoR

FaTaL_ErRoR AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ

Mar 9, 2014
    United States
    DarkFlare69 and nastys like this.
  8. Onion_Knight

Onion_Knight GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 6, 2014
  9. nastys

nastys ナースティス

Aug 5, 2014
    Italy
    Earth
  10. BullyWiiPlaza
    OP

Aug 2, 2014
    Germany
    @FaTaL_ErRoR
    I'm surprised you successfully took screenshots of files and also posted links to things you Google'd. Congrats! Now will you apply your incredible skills to the given problem instead to actually be helpful? Thanks.

VinsCool likes this.
  11. FaTaL_ErRoR

FaTaL_ErRoR AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ

Mar 9, 2014
    United States
    Seriously??? Fine that keep me busy for a minute. It just needs the windows dependencies changed to linux ones. I'll do this for you bully.
    But only because you already said thanks....