Hacking Better flashcart than Sky3DS+?

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Just a thought but if he can't get Soundhax to work for unknown reasons, wouldn't he be able to use cart-based exploit to get into Homebrew launcher because he has Sky3DS? I recall reading something about you being able to use Sky3DS for any cart-based exploit. Sadly since the cart-based exploit guides are removed from the 3ds.guide someone more experienced should comment on the knowhows if he opts in for that method.

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
Just a thought but if he can't get Soundhax to work for unknown reasons, wouldn't he be able to use cart-based exploit to get into Homebrew launcher because he has Sky3DS? I recall reading something about you being able to use Sky3DS for any cart-based exploit. Sadly since the cart-based exploit guides are removed from the 3ds.guide someone more experienced should comment on the knowhows if he opts in for that method.
@kuroshida, he can substitute soundhax with something like ninjhax or freakyhax, that works with sky3ds.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
He actually even said that he has the freakyhax exploit on his 3DS earlier on so if he can use that to get into HBL then wouldn't fasthax, safehax and so on work just fine through there .. Soundhax is just an entry point. If you've an another entry point @kuroshida it should work.

Different commenter

With almost identical name, similar amount of posts, and same origin of country? Unlikely. Seems like a double account for whatever reason.

Last edited by Distrance,
Reactions: iAqua

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Remove the 1.h2w and download the otherapp.bin again for your version. Maybe it would work.

The 1.h2w has no correlation whatsoever with the problem he's experiencing. It is a leftover file created by h2testw when you use it to test your SD card for errors. It takes space, but that's literally all it does. If his otherapp.bin was corrupted or otherwise for the wrong version the error would be different .. It would not crash to the main menu.

kuroshida93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just wanted to give closure to this thread, I successfully got Luma on my old 3ds using freakyhax, and also got it on my 3ds xl using soundhax. Huge thanks to iAqua for helping me out
and yes, 1.h2w has been removed lol

Benja81

GBATemp Sporaddict
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As others have said, go with A9LH. First thing I did after I installed A9LH was sell my Sky3ds+

Edit: Looks like you already did :)

RehabOholic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CFW is better than the Sky3DS.
I seriously suggest checking out A9LH+CFW
You get far better support, features, ect.

Can someone explain the pros and cons of using CFW+A9LH VS a Sky3DS? I am going to be getting a New 3Ds and was looking at the Sky3ds+, but while reading about that I am now seeing people talk up CFW+A9LH! The basic thing I am looking at this is "Getting the system for my son", "Broke", "Want to be able to put a set of games on there and forget"! Thanks for any advice given, and happy gaming

Benja81

GBATemp Sporaddict
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Can someone explain the pros and cons of using CFW+A9LH VS a Sky3DS? I am going to be getting a New 3Ds and was looking at the Sky3ds+, but while reading about that I am now seeing people talk up CFW+A9LH! The basic thing I am looking at this is "Getting the system for my son", "Broke", "Want to be able to put a set of games on there and forget"! Thanks for any advice given, and happy gaming
With Luma+A9LH you get access to a lot more games and utilities that cannot be used on the sky3ds like eshop titles, hacked roms, emulators etc. The sky3ds can only support official retail games. You can install CIAs, which means you have icons for the games on the 3DS, instead of having to use the flashcart. With sky3ds you press a button on the flashcart itself to switch to the next game. It sounds easy now, but having had the sky3ds and then switched to A9LH, can say its a lot easier and more fun to have the icons.

Last edited by Benja81,
Reactions: RehabOholic

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
keep the sky3ds+. it can allow you to progress in hacking when nothing else works.

Things you can do with a sky3ds(+) that help you hack
1) run oot3d and oot3dhax (install with the homebrew launcher)
2) run ninjhax(2)
3) cart update if you are on a version that's too low to browser hack to open MSET exploit.

For example if you are above 2.1, but below 4.0 you can update to a 4.x and use MSET to get ctr transfer going. if you are on 5.x and browser doesn't work you can update to 6.x and use mset.

i have a sky3ds blue button all set up for cart updating to something useful. fun fact. oot3d has an update to a MSET vulnerable version.

for those who already have a frankenfirm caused by another cart update. sky3ds can be very useful.

Reactions: SLiV3R

RehabOholic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With Luma+A9LH you get access to a lot more games and utilities that cannot be used on the sky3ds like eshop titles, hacked roms, emulators etc. The sky3ds can only support official retail games. You can install CIAs, which means you have icons for the games on the 3DS, instead of having to use the flashcart. With sky3ds you press a button on the flashcart itself to switch to the next game. It sounds easy now, but having had the sky3ds and then switched to A9LH, can say its a lot easier and more fun to have the icons.

Ok, I did Luma+A9LH it was not to much trouble and everything (as far as I can tell are working). So now what would you recommend? I have been reading so many post, pages my eyes are bleeping. I am just wondering what would be good to do after? I am looking to backup my sons games so he doesn't need the carts, and if possible to block him from getting into Luma/FBI etc. Anything else you would recommend to get/install would be great. Thanks again.

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well freeshop is always good.

google can find you cias that are not on the freeshop.

and there are injector tools on this forum to make emulated virtual console games.

you can dump his carts using godmode 9, and then use jksm to transfer the saves.

and its' totally safe to let him at the freeshop. he cant' brick anything with it.

Last edited by Zaphod77,
Reactions: RehabOholic

RehabOholic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well freeshop is always good.

google can find you cias that are not on the freeshop.

and there are injector tools on this forum to make emulated virtual console games.

you can dump his carts using godmode 9, and then use jksm to transfer the saves.

and its' totally safe to let him at the freeshop. he cant' brick anything with it.

Thanks, just trying the gamecart dump. Not much I could find on the right way. Am I suppose to pick the Trim version? After it's done I just install the same way for all .CIA? Thanks again.

Is there away to edit stuff on the MicroSD card without removing it every time?

Last edited by RehabOholic,

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thre shoudl be an option to dump straight to cia. that is the one you want.

then load up fbi, and find the cia on the sdcard filesystem and install it

Last edited by Zaphod77,

LegendaryOutcast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
instead of spending about $100 on a sky3ds+ card, just get luma and you will have instant access to install games without the need of a computer.
You can even pay someone to do it for you for a lot less than buying a sky3ds card

DavidinCT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, good read. I also have a Shy3ds+ and get sick of hitting the button to change games but, don't want to have to deal with updating every time I want to play a game.

A free option, plays most games and sits in the menu like a eshop game, what could be better ? Is there any BIG issues besides the possible case of bricking the device ?

RehabOholic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, good read. I also have a Shy3ds+ and get sick of hitting the button to change games but, don't want to have to deal with updating every time I want to play a game.

A free option, plays most games and sits in the menu like a eshop game, what could be better ? Is there any BIG issues besides the possible case of bricking the device ?

With the guide and a video to watch along side it wasn't any issue. Once you start you should be ready to finish it, and like the guide says "DO NOT CLOSE YOUR 3Ds, DO NOT PUT IT IN SLEEP MODE" you should be fine. A least that's what I took from the guide. I can tell you after just a few short hours I can see the Matrix! I have a feeling I have only scratched the surface.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1