Best Sudoku Game?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Exbaddude, Mar 26, 2010.

Mar 26, 2010

Best Sudoku Game? by Exbaddude at 12:03 AM (1,667 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Exbaddude
    OP

Member Exbaddude The Prince.

Canada
    There are tons of Sudoku games!

Which one is the best? [​IMG]

2. Dangy

Member Dangy Twisting Your Mind & Smashing Your Dreams

United States
    I've tried Brain Age, that seemed to be pretty good.

3. GhostToast

Member GhostToast GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Oh man. I thought this thread was about Suikoden games. And I was like, "wow - most off topic reply ever. troll +1". hahaha.

Yea but back on topic, all I've done is the Sudoku that was part of Brain Age. Still haven't finished them all.

4. Exbaddude
    OP

Member Exbaddude The Prince.

Canada
    Oh. I'm guessing Brain Ageā„¢ is the best! Thanks for the replies. (Well, 2 ^^)

5. Demonbart

Member Demonbart GBATemp's guitar hero

Netherlands
    Only sudoku game I played on ds was on Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training. It was pretty decent.

6. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    I really like the homebrew Skinz Sudoku. It doesn't have a list of levels to work through like the bigger apps do (just pick a difficulty and off it goes), but it does the job and it does it well. The handwriting recognition's rather good on it as well [​IMG]

7. midazolam

Newcomer midazolam Newbie

Estonia
    Brain Age's sudoku is decent and has a good interface, the puzzles themselves are good too. The complaints: it only has about 100 puzzles, so a hardcore sudoku solver will solve those in less than a week. It also lacks features and customization and there is only handwriting option to enter numbers. You also have to hold your DS as a book (though some might say this is a bonus).

Platinum Sudoku on the other hand has more puzzles (its possible to unlock over 20 million puzzles according to Ubisoft), unlockables, bonus challenges, visual tutorials, themes (you can customize and unlock fonts, grids, backgrounds, music), multiple input modes (handwriting and tapping), helpful options (highlight current row and column, mark easiest cell to solve, show possible numbers in cells), solver mode (enter your own grid and get a solution), option for creating your own puzzles, newspaper mode (disables all help). If you are a sudoku fan and done with Brain Age's sudoku, you might wanna try out this.

From japanese only sudoku games I would also suggest Sudoku DS : Nikori no Sudoku Ketteiban. I play it because of the simple and clean interface and one feature Platinum Sudoku doesn't have - highlighting chosen numbers on grid.

8. Arm73

Member Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Italy
    I agree with everything you say and I like the highlighting of the numbers, but I always felt that by using that it was like cheating.
    Like preventing you to put the wrong number, it's a little too much of a help.
    When doing a real on paper Sudoku, you don't get such privilege, you need good eyes and observation, to solve a puzzle.
    So yeah, go for the Platinum Sudoku !

9. midazolam

Newcomer midazolam Newbie

Estonia
    I dont like that wrong number prevention feature too, but I cant consider highlighting options cheating. After all I can (and often subconciously will) do the same thing when solving sudokus on paper - making little pencil marks on certain cells, using different handwriting on some numbers or drawing them over - so it would be better for my eyes to filter them out.