Hardware Best SD Card to use!

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Kingston is probably the best there is, at least for the DS.

Make sure it's Kingston Japan and not Taiwan, as the latter has some speed issues.

EDIT: GAH! Damn you Renegade...
tongue.gif

Rice923

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since we're at this topic already, what is different about "official" Nintendo Wii SD cards compared to regular SD cards?

barcode1999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
they're made by sandisk and say 'wii' on them , seriously though i don't think theres any difference to a normal sd card.

Just remember don't buy anything over 2gb and make sure it's not SDHC.
biggrin.gif

sYndrome13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since my thread asking for input on a SD card purchase was deleted (or otherwise lost to the ether), I did a custom Google search for "best SD card" and found this thread.

Is a Kingston 2GB SD card still my best option?

I'm currently using a Kingston 2GB microSD card (that I had previously used with my CycloDS Evolution) with an SD adapter and it seems to work just fine, but I'd like a dedicated SD card (so I can use the microSD card as a backup for my DS).

If most users agree that Kingston is the best for 2GB cards, where should I purchase the card from? In other words, what store gives me the best chance of buying a card that was manufactured in Japan?

sYndrome13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
joshuatm said:
lol, super bump
smile.gif

now, the wii can accept sdhc cards.
get it from amazon.
I've already purchased one dud (for my purposes, anyway) SDHC card, as I posted about here.

I'm specifically looking for what GBATemp users consider the best 2GB SD card(s) for the Wii.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I've used some cheap generic 2gb one off ebay that works fine on my Wii and Bootmii.
Why bump an old thread when you have another thread similar to this?
huh.gif

sYndrome13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edhel said:
I've used some cheap generic 2gb one off ebay that works fine on my Wii and Bootmii.
Why bump an old thread when you have another thread similar to this?
huh.gif
Because my other thread is in regards to SDHC (larger than 2GB) cards. After seeing just how few 8GB SDHC cards are supposedly compatible with BootMii, I figured it might be best just to replace my dying 2GB SD card with another 2GB card.

sYndrome13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BanditKing said:
Kodak 8gb $15 at kmartI didn't find the Kodak 8GB SDHC card on the BootMii compatibility list and the Kmart weekly ad for my area advertises the sale price as $20 for the 8GB card.

QUOTE(BanditKing @ Dec 13 2009, 04:44 AM) Works better then slow lame Kingston!
I've never had a problem with my Kingston microSD cards in my CycloDS Evolution and I've read several recommendations for Kingston cards elsewhere. I think this is the first I've ever read a complaint about a Kingston card.

EDIT: What capacity/model of Kingston card do you have? Maybe one of the models is a dud.

neogba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any SD (or SDHC)
smile.gif
(like a bigger one) , will work *iF* and only if it is the Wii's "bottom" most USB slot, via an (recommended equally fast) SD(HC) reader (SDHC to USB). That is, formatted to WBFS using a windows WBFS formatter and installer.

This same SDHC will not work (load) in the other USB slot, or the SD(HC) card slot.

This requires an added program (wad/channel) to run from said USB slot.

Do not be confused, Wii version 4.0 and high can now use SDHC *BUT* it does not always work; because some software uses component apps that can only still do SD (only). The Wii SD slot DOES NOT yet fully do full SDHC; comprehensively.

BanditKing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sYndrome13 said:
BanditKing said:
Kodak 8gb $15 at kmartI didn't find the Kodak 8GB SDHC card on the BootMii compatibility list and the Kmart weekly ad for my area advertises the sale price as $20 for the 8GB card.

QUOTE(BanditKing @ Dec 13 2009, 04:44 AM) Works better then slow lame Kingston!
I've never had a problem with my Kingston microSD cards in my CycloDS Evolution and I've read several recommendations for Kingston cards elsewhere. I think this is the first I've ever read a complaint about a Kingston card.

EDIT: What capacity/model of Kingston card do you have? Maybe one of the models is a dud.

The 8b kodak card was much faster then the 2g kingston card I had for transferring files, and performance, plus it worked with all applications including BOOTMII which that list is not properly maintained.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.