Best Rom Cart?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Chaossaturn, Oct 7, 2009.

Oct 7, 2009

Best Rom Cart? by Chaossaturn at 11:41 PM (1,231 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. Chaossaturn
    OP

Member Chaossaturn ローレンス

United Kingdom
    What is the best NDS rom cart? From what I have read Acekard 2i seems the best am I right about this?

also if Acekard 2i is indeed the best does anyone know A good place to buy this from in the UK?

2. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Depends on your DS model. DSi's should use an Ackerd 2i, although M3i Zero works.

For regular DS/DSL models, R4's are cheap and basic but work nice and Cyclos are the most expensive but the fanciest. Ackerd 2i works for these as well and isn't too bad either.

3. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    I hope you have a DSL or DS Phat, because they have a large variety of carts to choose from. The R4 doesn't update anymore, so maybe you could get some other card? It really depends on if you are a newbie or a super-experienced hacker.

4. Chaossaturn
    OP

Member Chaossaturn ローレンス

United Kingdom
    I have a fat original DS, I was thinking that it would be a good idea if the Rom cart was Future Proof as if it ever broke it would make sense buying a DSI

5. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    M3i Zero or Acekard2i. The m3i zero gets alot of quick updates from their team and has a little updater cord to get around DSi blocks.

The offcial acekard team is kinda slow at updates but theres an alternate firmware that gets updated alot quicker. Only problem is if you update your DSi and the new update blocks your acekard you'll have no way to update it unless you have an extra DS lying around.

6. omnipotentorion

Newcomer omnipotentorion Advanced Member

United States
    Acekard 2i. Upgradeable internal firmware is a must, and Acekard delivers. Now with akaiov1.5, the Acekard is pretty much a monster as far as flash carts.

7. Chaossaturn
    OP

Member Chaossaturn ローレンス

United Kingdom
    So it looks like the Acekard2i is the best choice, couple more questions does pokemon SS/HG run on Acekard2i with no problems? and where is the best place to buy a Acekard2i from? also I heard they are fakes is they any way to tell if they fake before buying?

8. omgpwn666

Member omgpwn666 Guy gamer and proud!

United States
  9. DsHacker14

Member DsHacker14 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    yes pokemon hg/ss works with no problems. The best place i would say is dealextreme.com because it sells for 13 bucks but it does take a while for it to arrive, depending on where you live.
    Go here to be able to distinguish between real/fakes: http://www.acekard.com/news.php#65

10. Chaossaturn
    OP

Member Chaossaturn ローレンス

United Kingdom
  11. spitfire7001

Newcomer spitfire7001 Member

United States
    I got an Acekard 2i from gamebygame recently, love the cart and they ship fast. The Acekard is by far the best cheap card to get.

12. gameguy95

Banned gameguy95 Needs More Furries!

United States

13. RaaTheGodEater

Newcomer RaaTheGodEater Member

United States
    There's no such thing as a "future proof" cart. Because the future of the cart depends on how long the people who made it want to support it.

The whole "future proof cart" thing came about on the assumption that Nintendo wouldn't add security to their games.