Hardware Best Replacement Wii Disc Drive?

Epix7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a couple Wii simply needing a replacement disc drive. Does anyone know the best and most reliable place/seller to buy new disc drives? Thanks

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
What exactly is wrong with the drive? I’d try repairing it first if it’s broken anyway.

As for replacement drives, one option is to just buy a used console which I’ve seen go cheap, test it and use that. At least then you get some extras out of it.

Otherwise they’re something you’ll probably find on ebay or aliexpress but don’t know anyone in particular, at least with ebay you get paypal protection.

Epix7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've taken both apart and put them back together but to the same issues. One spins at the correct speed but stalls after a couple seconds and stops spinning. The second one is a bit more complicated. It has a fully functioning drive motor. The initial issue with the drive was that it made a clicking noise when any game was inserted in it. This prevented the disc from being read. Once I messed around with the drive for a bit, another issue sprung up. This issue was that the disc would not spin more than 1 rotation per second as it something were pressing down on the disc. If you know why the disc won't spin or why the clicking noise happened, please tell me lol it would be amazing and would save me thirty bucks.

Anyways, I found this drive on amazon which should work along with gamecube functionality:
https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Nint...002W5L4JW/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

edit* - Since I did a fair share of messing with the drive, I figured out how the eject mechanism works along among other parts of the drive. Since the wires were soldered in place, it prevented me from getting any further.

Last edited by Epix7,

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
i had similar issues with the drive spinning incorrectly, it was down to how tight the screws were, you have to get the right tension for how tight everything is, you might find that tightening things down while its running will help you work out how much to screw everything together

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @NinStar, why you hurting your sisters