Best NDS flashcard for 3DS?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Austin1227, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Austin1227
    OP

Austin1227 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2011
    United States
    Simple as the thread title is. I've been away from the scene for a while and I know i can't really trust flashcard sites. I tried to find it on this area but i can't cause everything seems to be about Gateway and other 3DS flashcards.

I'm on 9.9U. I'm just looking for a flashcard that plays NDS games. GBA games would be a cool but not necessary bonus.

2. Ekaitz

Ekaitz Pokémon Master

Jun 13, 2010
    France
    Lens
    You don't have the choice, Sky3DS is the only compatible flashcard. Otherwise, for the first time, it seems that Nintendo add a new anti-piracy protection in a game (Fire Emblem). It is impossible to play the game with a Sky3DS, and we don't know atm if it is possible to break that protection. (And that protection will probably be in every future release.)

3. prototech

prototech GBAtemp Fan

Jan 3, 2015
    United States
    He's talking about NDS, not 3DS.

OP: I would go for the DSTWO. Works great and they just started producing them again.

4. Ekaitz

Ekaitz Pokémon Master

Jun 13, 2010
    France
    Lens
    I didn't read carefully, sorry.

Well, the DWTWO is the best one for NDS games and the GBA emulator is working well.

5. Maximilious

Maximilious GBAtemp Addict

Nov 21, 2014
    United States
    The SuperCard DSTwo is your guy. Handles homebrew apps and emulation for GBA, SNES, Genesis, etc. They run about $40-50 but are worth it. If you want the cheap route you can go with an R4 clone, I usually got mine at r4i-sdhc before I got my Supercard.

Last edited by Maximilious, Aug 4, 2015
  6. Austin1227
    OP

Austin1227 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2011
    United States
    Thanks! Where did you get yours from?

7. ravihpa

ravihpa GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 11, 2007
    India
    Since you're in US, I would recommend PeachDS. Many GBAtemp members have bought their Gateway and Sky3DS cards from them, and they are a legit site. They ship from within US, so you'll receive the card pretty fast compared to Chinese vendors. Also, if something goes wrong with the card, the RMA process should be that much easier since it's all happening within US :)

Here's the link to their DSTWO card...

http://www.peachds.com/?product=/new-nintendo-3ds-xl-version-9-0/

And here's the cheap R4 clone card...

http://www.peachds.com/?product=/r4isdhc-v2015/

Best of luck :)

Maximilious and Bubbysaur like this.
  8. GhostLatte

GhostLatte Yet Another Shitposter

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    The University of Shitpostology
    I recommend the R4i Gold (r4ids.cn) over the R4i SDHC's because the R4i Gold can run Wood R4.

9. Bubbysaur

Bubbysaur u cnt hindle mai sweg

Jul 21, 2015
    United States
    Totally recommend PeachDS. They ship right away and they are very reliable and safe. The price is awesome, as well.

ravihpa likes this.