Best multiplayer games?

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by Satangel, Jul 23, 2009.

Jul 23, 2009

Best multiplayer games? by Satangel at 8:01 PM (1,315 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Satangel
    OP

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    I have 2 Wii-motes (and 2 nunchucks) and a GC controller.
    Could U recommend me some very good multiplayer games for NES, SNES, N64 or PSX? That are the consoles I can emulate good to decent on my Wii [​IMG]
    Maybe even before, but I don't want the graphics to be too ugly.

I have already played Tetris Attack and Super Mario Kart for the SNES for multiplayer, and found them both very amusing. Is there maybe a Tetris game for those consoles that supports multiplayer?

2. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    Tetris Battle Gaiden is a great 2 player Tetris for the SNES, it's Japanese but it's Tetris so it's pretty easy to figure out and most of the menu options are in English. Other 2 player games that are pretty fun (all SNES) are Street Racer, Super Smash TV, Killer Instinct and the Bomberman games. There's more but I can't remember them off hand, I'll go through the collection later on and let you know.

Edit : Add Unirally/Uniracers to the list as well, can't believe I forgot about that one! If there's a decent Megadrive emulator one of my favourite 2 player games of all time is Dr Robotniks Mean Bean Machine, don't know why but I always preferred it to the Puyo Puyo games on the SNES.

3. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    For the NES, probably Bomberman. It's a classic multiplayer title. For the SNES, there's Super Mario Kart, F-Zero, and probably some fighting games. For N64 and PSX, there's very few 1 controller multiplayer games, with the only one coming to mind that's fun is Worms World Party. Sorry if I'm not much help, I only really play my games alone so yeah...

4. Satangel
    OP

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    I have 3 controllers, 2 Wiimotes and 1 GC controller.

Can't believe I forgot Bomberman! Thanks for all the suggestions [​IMG]

5. UltraMagnus

Member UltraMagnus hic sunt dracones

United Kingdom
    golden eye for the N64
    rollcage for the PSX

6. Satangel
    OP

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Since the N64 and PSX emulators don't support Wiimote support, I can't really play those systems.
    So I'm more looking for SNES and NES games.
    Are there any good Fifa games on the SNES? And which Pac-Man should I play?

7. Elritha

Member Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    Micro Machines was a fun game to play. I have vague memories that you could also share a pad between two people. Dunno if that would go down well in an emulator, or your current controllers. Worth a try. [​IMG]

8. Hooblah2u2

Newcomer Hooblah2u2 Member

United States
    San Francisco Rush: 2049 - N64

It was more than a racing game. There was "Battle" and "Stunt" as well. The race levels were LITTERED with short cuts and fun things you could do. I still play it all the time with my cousins (our ages go from 15 - 24) and with my dad. It's NOT your average racing game.

I have a hard time getting people to try it because they don't like racing games. Well honestly, I don't either! But Rush 2049 really isn't that much of a racing game!

9. Anti

Member Anti GBAtemp Regular

United States
    for N64: get the super smash bros injected wad and install the channel to play that. that should be on everyone's console.