Gaming Best MP3 file renamer?

Matt93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the best MP3 file renamer out there? It needs to rename them according to what their tags are. I got some cheap 1GB MP3 player as a late christmas present from someone and it lists MP3s by their filename, and I obviously don't want to go through and rename each MP3 one by one. I tried Flash Renamer, but that didn't even work right.

Matt93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't like it. How is it supposed to rename my MP3 files according to their tags?

Does anyone else know of a really good MP3 renamer?

Filter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Matt93 said:
I don't like it. How is it supposed to rename my MP3 files according to their tags?

Thats the only thing it does. If you cant understand that program you seriously don't need to be requesting software you don't know how to use. There is a guide right above the download link for christ sake.

http://musicbrainz.org/doc/HowToTagFilesWithPicard

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I second Picard + MusicBrainz.

Took my entire MP3 collection and, with minimal help from me, I had nicely named folders/mp3's with appropriate ID3 tags!

Matt93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Filter said:
Matt93 said:

Thats the only thing it does. If you cant understand that program you seriously don't need to be requesting software you don't know how to use. There is a guide right above the download link for christ sake.

http://musicbrainz.org/doc/HowToTagFilesWithPicard
So then your saying all it does is rename the actual filename according to what the existing tags are? It seemed like a tag renaming program to me. And if I need a guide to use it then I don't want anything to do with it. No need to get pissy about it.

Anyway, I found a good program that did exactly what I wanted it to do. It is called The GodFather. It is simple to customize exactly how you want it to rename your MP3s. I highly recommend it.

nin10do

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
i like "mp3 tag" cuz it makes it really easy to edit tags based on the folder the mp3 file is stored in.

edit: it's not free but then again it only takes a few mins to edit your entire collection and you won't need it again for a while.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo