Best GTA Moments

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by dobz, May 11, 2009.

?

Your favourite GTA (select one)

1. GTA (Original)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. GTA 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. GTA Vice City

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. GTA San Andreas

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. GTA 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. GTA Chinatown Wars

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
May 11, 2009

Best GTA Moments by dobz at 11:19 PM (2,348 Views / 0 Likes) 19 replies

1. dobz
    OP

Member dobz GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    List your favourite GTA (any console) moments.

I'll start with the classic one in which you get the sudden urge to stop whatever you're doing and go for a gouranga whenever you hear the song of those orange paraders.
    (loved the voice over too [​IMG] )

[​IMG]

Also Poll ^^^ (Only the GTA that matter)

2. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Favourite GTA is GTA San Andreas for me.
    Loved those RPG parameters, loved the desert, the F16, the unreality from some missions, ....
    GTA IV was a way more serious game, definitely not worse, but just different.

3. dobz
    OP

United Kingdom
    I loved San Andreas aswell for the same reasons.

but i liked GTA 1 (PC ver) more for the originality and being so fun to play when i was a kid. lol

4. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    Exactly Satangel, many didn't like it, but i loved it's realism. Subtle things, like how Niko steals cars, and how the car actually handles, put a smile on my face [​IMG] . San Andreas was a load of fun, but i just wanted something different, something that i got in GTA IV.

5. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    I voted for GTA3 as the story was tops with the mafia, yakuza, crooked cops and the rest. Surprised to see SA being a high getter so far as that game did some really annoying crap like getting fat and having to burn it off and other 'sims' like crap...also the fact it was ghetto really was a huge turnoff.

Also on GTA4 another reason people don't like it is not just the overly serious thing, but it seemed more to stand for Godawful Training Arena 4 as it kept spoon feeding stuff over and over limiting what you could do for hours on end. Never played a gta game before that went so long and not letting you get a weapon, then when you do(the bat) it takes it away until a bit later yet. Too much going on, too much nagging and attention stealing stupidity from the AI buddies. Chinatown Wars was semi-boring too but at least you could get a piece, but the drug trade was lame and unnecessary and it felt so tired and me-too other than the ability to smash a cop car to lower the stars(that was cool.)

I'm done with the series at this rate which saddens me but the PSP efforts weren't that good and those 2 I just knocked weren't either. I think it's fallen into the media trendy style of rate em high because it is what it is not looking from a bigger perspective just a week of hype to get better points. To me it was all downhill after Vice City.

6. MrDillDough

Member MrDillDough GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I went for San Andreas, but my best moment would have to be in GTA: China Town Wars.

Best moment was when I found a dildo in the dumpsters. [​IMG]

7. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    ^^...and then he used the stylus on himself for the sake of interactivity. [​IMG]

8. MrDillDough

Member MrDillDough GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    LOL. How did you know? [​IMG]

Rofl, nah. I went looking for it because it disappeared after I found it. Sad face.

9. kalmis

Member kalmis GBAtemp Regular

Finland
    My lone vote for Vice City. Don't get me wrong I love all of them. From the original 2D to GTA4 and Chinatown Wars. Even liked the GBA and PSP versions. Ok I've not tried the GB/GBC version. The soundtrack on Vice City and the 80's Miami Vice theme just did it for me.
    Getting out of that big mansion and picking the Countach look-a-like from the garage and cruising down the bridge while Priest blasting on the radio. Priceless [​IMG]

10. shaunj66

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
    Vice City was great.. The city, the atmosphere, the music... Just made it all so much better. Loved that game. I really hope they do another one like Vice City using the new GTAIV engine.

11. soulfire

Member soulfire gear... secando

Netherlands
    gta san andreas was so cool.

i liked the flying car cheat

12. dobz
    OP

United Kingdom
    My fave San Andreas cheat had to be 'super punch' purely for hilarity [​IMG]

13. Normalboyninja

Newcomer Normalboyninja Advanced Member

Gambia, The
    Chinatown becuase its the one i've played the most, and it has some hilarious moments.

14. triassic911

Member triassic911 Burst Mode

United States
    GTA IV for me. I play with my friends almost everynight in free mode doing some funny stuff. My favorite moment though was when me and one of my friends were having a copter fight, and he chopped mine in half with his blades and I was going straight down. I jumped out just as the chopper impacted on the ground and the timing couldn't have been more perfect. The milisecond I landed, the chopper blew up and sent me FLYING to the water. Ahh.... good times.

15. lolsjoel

Member lolsjoel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I'll go with GTA3 because it was the first GTA game I played and I couldn't get over how amazing it was. But in my heart of hearts, I think I should vote for Chinatown Wars because that truly is a masterpiece.

16. dinofan01

Member dinofan01 Misses the old days...

United States
    GTA 4 for me. Its was my first GTA game that I bought and I loved it. I liked the realism although I am fond of the craziness that the others had. I rented San Andreas and loved it. I never had enough time with it as 4. I want to download it on Live but don't want to waste the money. CW was a great game that I should have bought. Unfortunately I pirated it just for the sake of having it early. I put alot of time into the game only to get pirate syndrome. I should have bought the game, that way I could have finished it.

17. Goshogun1

Member Goshogun1 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    GTA4. I spent like 2 hours just respawning outside the hospital and then using weapon cheats, followed by going postal on everyone inside. Then I would see how long I could hold out in the hospital once the cops came. Great stress reliever, but something tells me I am being kinda sick in doing it. Oh well, its not reality so who cares.

18. Reaper

Member Reaper Tͩ͒ͥ̈́ͧ̓͑̆̂

United States
    What about GTA LCS and VCS?
    and GTA: Advance

19. Ethanx94

Member Ethanx94 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Alright I voted for GTA IV because I've had a lot of great online moments with it.

The best moment I ever had online, although hard to describe, went like this.

I was playing hangman's noose.
    Everyone was pretty much working together but we still couldn't get the time.
    We took 2 heli's and 1 of the heli's were in the center of the baseball field so the other heli (that I was in) could crash land and save us time.

Now I don't know exactly what happened because of all my lag, but it looked like this happened...

As my heli was closing in for a crash landing I threw a grenade because times before It had made the cutscene at the end screw up and I thought it would be funny as hell to do it again. Well I was used to my lag so I threw it at just the right time.
    The heli was being flown by someone else and they hit the bridge and sort of bounced back I believe.
    They bounced toward the center but before the game could register all of us being there my grenade exploded.

BOTH HELI'S EXPLOADED AND EVERYONE DIED.
    I LAUGHED MY FUCKING ASS OFF

20. Lockon Stratos

Member Lockon Stratos GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    oO GTA IV I remember the police in that being so foolish, my brother was outside the hopsital and hid under the motorway then once he saw the police get out of their cars he sneaked over and just drove off with the car without them noticing [​IMG]