ArviDroid

Infamous GBAtemper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hi.
I will soon get my hands on a new O3DS so I was wondering which dowgrading guide to get 9.2 is the easiest to follow/ best? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by ArviDroid,

ArviDroid

Infamous GBAtemper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Downgrade

This is the best guide so far, and if you want A9LH, you can follow this guide when you are done downgrading: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Follow the Guide To the Letter, or you may encounter errors. If you get an error that is not mentioned in the guide, feel free to ask here, but dont panic.
Let me rephrase what I meant. I think my title might have been wrong. I want the 3DS to be on 9.2. This guide seems to talk about 2.1. On my previous 3DS I used one of Plailects guides to downgrade to 9.2. Is that guide replaced by this one now or what?
EDIT: Oh my, I don´t know how, but I missed the first link! That one seems to be the right one. Thank you so much!

Ironknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Let me rephrase what I meant. I think my title might have been wrong. I want the 3DS to be on 9.2. This guide seems to talk about 2.1. On my previous 3DS I used one of Plailects guides to downgrade to 9.2. Is that guide replaced by this one now or what?
EDIT: Oh my, I don´t know how, but I missed the first link! That one seems to be the right one. Thank you so much!
No problem buddy ;) Good luck, and dont forget to format before downgrading! Might safe you from a softbrick!

Reactions: cvskid

Finn_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of curiousity, why do you just want to downgrade to 9.2, instead of proceeding on and installing A9LH?

ArviDroid

Infamous GBAtemper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I understand this, but why wouldn't he use the new guide to downgrade now? just paranoia?
I used the old guide because that was what was linked to me on one of my previous threads. I didn´t know that there were any newer tutorials at that time.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Out of curiousity, why do you just want to downgrade to 9.2, instead of proceeding on and installing A9LH?
Well, I´m confused. That´s why. I was told to complete the whole guide back before I bricked my 3DS. Later on when I started a thread about my bricked 3DS people were wondering why I didn´t stop at 9.2. I have no idea of the benefits of being on 9.2 instead of 2.1 and vice versa. Or what Al9h really does...
EDIT: The only reason I want to downgrade is to be able play cia games. Which I know you can't if you're over 9.2 fw.

Finn_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the old guide because that was what was linked to me on one of my previous threads. I didn´t know that there were any newer tutorials at that time.
Well, I´m confused. That´s why. I was told to complete the whole guide back before I bricked my 3DS. Later on when I started a thread about my bricked 3DS people were wondering why I didn´t stop at 9.2. I have no idea of the benefits of being on 9.2 instead of 2.1 and vice versa. Or what Al9h really does...
EDIT: The only reason I want to downgrade is to be able play cia games. Which I know you can't if you're over 9.2 fw.
If you downgrade to 9.2, you will likely get an Emunand, (A Custom firmware running off of your SD card) that boots on startup VIA menuhax. Startup takes about 30 seconds, as far as I'm aware.

The steps after downgrading to 9.2 are to get A9LH, in which you downgrade to 2.1, launch the exploit, and then can re-update to 11.0 on a custom firmware sysnand (running off of your 3DS, kind of hard to explain.) Booting here takes 5-9 seconds. It is as easy/easier to install A9LH now than it is to install CFW with Menuhax.

Once you get to custom firmware, you can install CIAs.

There's more benefits to getting A9LH than just boot time, but the process has gotten to the point where the only real way to mess up is not do exactly what the guide says.

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Once again, up to you on what you want to do, but before you make one decision be sure to learn about the benefits of both, as well as the process of getting both. I spend upwards of 3 months just learning about 3ds Hacking before I committed to getting a hardmod do downgrade from 11.0.

Reactions: ArviDroid

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended