Best Digimon game?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Blue_Mew, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Blue_Mew
    OP

Blue_Mew Shiny Mew!

Oct 2, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Faraway Island
    While I wait for the 3DS version of Re Digitize to be translated I wanted to play a different Digimon game, I have access to a PC and 3DS. Emulation is fine. Thanks.

2. dimmidice

dimmidice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 12, 2009
    Belgium
    Digimon world on playstation was fun. And it's quite similar to re digiitize in a lot of ways. I also liked digimon world 2 & 3but not as much. Digimon world and then dawn/dusk are fun too. Those are on DS.

Blue_Mew likes this.
  3. Blue_Mew
    OP

Blue_Mew Shiny Mew!

Oct 2, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Faraway Island
    Which is your favourite?

4. dimmidice

Sep 12, 2009
    Belgium
    Digimon world for playstation 1

Arubaro, H1B1Esquire and Blue_Mew like this.
  5. Blue_Mew
    OP

Blue_Mew Shiny Mew!

Oct 2, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Faraway Island
    Thank you, I'll give it a try.

6. H1B1Esquire

H1B1Esquire RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    DW2 was okay; 3 is better than 4. 1 just has that 'magic', like Monster Rancher 2.

Arubaro and Blue_Mew like this.
  7. Cosmic_Link

Cosmic_Link Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 9, 2010
    I have to agree with the above. Digimon World for PS1 was brilliant. ^^ Spent many hours as a child playing that. If you're also into any TCGs, Digimon TCG for PS1 was also very addictive. :D

H1B1Esquire and Blue_Mew like this.
  8. Blue_Mew
    OP

Blue_Mew Shiny Mew!

Oct 2, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Faraway Island
    In which games do they not "die"? And how does the game remain balanced if they return back into their egg form late game?

9. Wolfvak

Wolfvak *yawn*

Oct 25, 2015
    Uruguay
    If you want something quick I'd recommend either Dawn/Dusk for the DS or Digimon World Data Squad for the PS2. It takes only about 20 hours to beat if you know what you're doing, and is overall the lightest (still fun) experience you'll get.

Games I'd definitely not recommend to play "while you're waiting" would be DW2 or DW4 - they're a grindfest. I tried replaying DW4 a few days ago and I spent over an hour and didn't even get to the end of the first dungeon (if you have a few friends and a multitap give it a shot though, it's amazing!)

OTOH if you're looking for the most similar to DW Re: Digitize Decode either play the PSP version or the original DW on PS1.

Last edited by Wolfvak, Dec 29, 2016
    Blue_Mew likes this.
  10. Blue_Mew
    OP

Blue_Mew Shiny Mew!

Oct 2, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Faraway Island
    The "Date Squad" anime series was one of my favourites next to "Digimon Tamers" So mabe I'll play that one.

Wolfvak likes this.
  11. dimmidice

Sep 12, 2009
    Belgium
    They only die in re digitize and in digimon world. The balance is kept because each generation (if trained even remotely correctly) will be stronger than the past generation. So when your digimon is just out of its egg you stick with training. When its a rookie or champ you'll explore the areas closest to the village. If he's at the higher stages you go and branch out to the most difficult spots. you basically explore the world based on what stage your digimon is at. It's annoying at times to have your favorite digimon die. But it does add a lot to the feel of the game.

If you don't like the dying mechanic then you will likely not like redigitize. It has the same training, feeding, cleaning up the poop, and dying aspects that digimon world 1 had.
    I suggest the DS games or DW3 if you want something without dying. That or the psvita games (but as you dont have a vita i likely dont have to mention these.)

Blue_Mew likes this.