Hacking Best CFW for non A9LH?

YourHero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm giving my old 3DS to someone. It's already got 9.2, menuhax, and a formatted emunand. I just need a CFW. The word Luma is always followed by A9LH so I didn't know if I could use that still. I wanted opinions of what CFW to toss on. It will then be followed by auto booting into it. I really do not feel like taking the 5 hours im told it can take to get A9LH going.

YourHero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well where can I get it not in A9LH format? Because I have downloaded 3 different Luma3DS rars and its all A9LH equipped. It won't boot into it. Unless I'm missing something magical.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didnt you install A9LH like a week or 2 ago? And it seems most new CFWs are going A9LH only soooo Luma is your best bet. If you get it from the github you should get a .3dsx file.

Kinqdra

GBAtemp's Official T-shirt
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Download here: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases

and then follow this:
upload_2016-7-4_2-48-13.png

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Deleted User

YourHero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I have Luma working now thanks guys. Just needed that firmware bin I missed. My only concern is again, in emunand settings it does not change the version string to say "Luma". It just shows like a normal version string.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I have Luma working now thanks guys. Just needed that firmware bin I missed. My only concern is again, in emunand settings it does not change the version string to say "Luma". It just shows like a normal version string.
The "EMU" before the version number will indicate is running luma on emunand
if luma is running on sysnand, it will say "SYS" before version number in the settings.:)

You have to set it in the luma config settings to disply sys or emu version.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to enable it in the luma, launch luma cfw then hold select and select the option
"SHOW CURRENT NAND IN SYSTEM SETTINGS" ON the list. IN the guide for installing cfw it shows the recommended settings for using luma cfw.

YourHero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I got it all worked out. Now I just got to do a bunch of formatting because I forgot the emunand I injected had my NNID on it and now it says it cant use it but its locked onto it.

Thanks for the help guys.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I got it all worked out. Now I just got to do a bunch of formatting because I forgot the emunand I injected had my NNID on it and now it says it cant use it but its locked onto it.

Thanks for the help guys.
I think if you just go to the emunand and format using system format, it should work, you need to unlink your nintendo network id from the system settings, Try either the nnid management or just system format. Use the original format, not the homebrew format tools, cause it needs server side comfirmation which homebrew doesn't do.

Again make sure you see the "EMU" next to the system version number to be sure which nand your using.:)

D

Deleted User

I read her guide and i trust her cause is well written and thoughtful to mention all the pros and cons for each and help decide what to use for each user. :)

She be all like schooling us yo. :teach:
She does stuff like this for all of us and is good stuff. :bow:
I have to agree on this one!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Bruh