Gaming Best 3ds indies?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Most of them are available on the PC, and usually they're cheaper and better-looking.

Ed McMillen reportedly really likes the 3DS port of The Binding of Isaac since it displays the map on its own screen. It's kind of awkwardly overlayed in the other versions. But then, you can't get the DLC in the 3DS port.

I guess Miles & Kilo is nice for a little while and makes good use of 3D - but if you're not interested in 3D at all, you might as well go for another platform. I could say the same thing about Xeodrifter.

Last edited by Kwyjor,

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
OP
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
Most of them are available on the PC, and usually they're cheaper and better-looking.

Ed McMillen reportedly really likes the 3DS port of The Binding of Isaac since it displays the map on its own screen. It's kind of awkwardly overlayed in the other versions. But then, you can't get the DLC in the 3DS port.

I guess Miles & Kilo is nice for a little while and makes good use of 3D - but if you're not interested in 3D at all, you might as well go for another platform. I could say the same thing about Xeodrifter.
Have 3ds and pc version of binding of Isaac, have xeodrifter on switch, and am planning to play miles and kilo

Reactions: Mama Looigi

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It occurs to me that Game Freak's games, Pocket Card Jockey and HarmoKnight, are still 3DS exclusive and quite amusing. HarmoKnight doesn't have much to offer if you don't like rhythm games, though.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Julie_Pilgrim

OP
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
It occurs to me that Game Freak's games, Pocket Card Jockey and HarmoKnight, are still 3DS exclusive and quite amusing. HarmoKnight doesn't have much to offer if you don't like rhythm games, though.
I love pocket card jockey, and I LOVE rythmn games, so I should check it out, I'm a big fan of game freak's work

Reactions: Mama Looigi

Graxer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Shovel Knight is an amazing game and beautiful on 3DS as long as you don't avoid using 3D. Due to the artstyle no visual quality is lost on the low resolution screen and the 3D effect is beautiful. It is the whole Treasure Trove package too, so you don't miss out by going with the 3DS.

Julie_Pilgrim

OP
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
Shovel Knight is an amazing game and beautiful on 3DS as long as you don't avoid using 3D. Due to the artstyle no visual quality is lost on the low resolution screen and the 3D effect is beautiful. It is the whole Treasure Trove package too, so you don't miss out by going with the 3DS.
Got it already, need to beat the three other stories tho

Nomado

Trophies
XP
Country
Madagascar

I really enjoy 3D and always have it turned on. To this day, Shovel Knight has been the only game that wow-ed me. I still think it is the most definitive way to play it on even after playing it on PS3, PC and WiiU.

D

Deleted User

Shantae And The Pirate's Curse, the PC version is the one i played the most, though i cant deny the 3ds version makes great use of the touch screen, either showing the map at all times, or giving quick access to items (you can also see key items but i dont know why you'd do that)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

pd: i believe it includes a minigame, but its only on the physical version

Turesy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe Miles & Kilo has been good for a while and uses 3D well, but if you're not interested in 3D at all, you can switch to a different platform

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.