1. paulttt

OP paulttt GBAtemp Regular

Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

AutoRCM = No
    Atmosphere = 0.10.0
    OFW = 10.1.0
    CFW (Emummc) = 9.1.0

As of late I'm noticing some extreme battery drain when in sleep mode in atmosphere. When pressing the power button to "sleep" on atmosphere, battery seems to drain to 17% and always 17% over the space of a few hours.

Putting the switch to sleep on OFW, battery seems to only lose a percentage or two over the same time period.

I'm intending on updating atmosphere in the morning, however fail to see how the version is the issue, as this has only presented itself over the past week.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    0.10.0 is ancient and was a pre-release version, which had a bunch of bugs, updating (even if it's not the issue) would probably be a good idea, lol. A ton has changed in AMS since then (including but not limited to a rewrite of the warmboot/sleep code).

Last edited by ZachyCatGames, Aug 31, 2020
    paulttt likes this.
  3. paulttt

OP paulttt GBAtemp Regular

Thanks for the reply.

I'll give it a full overhaul in the morning and see if it makes an improvement.

Edit: One would assume that simply updating the atmosphere component, won't make a difference regarding emummc etc?

Last edited by paulttt, Aug 31, 2020
  4. Gausak

Gausak Member
    Newcomer

Spain
    I have the same problem, latest version of the system and also atmosphere. The battery has a big drain BUT if I put the airplane mode it stops having battery drain. It seems to be related to wifi ...

EDIT:

it also happens to me while on SX OS ... So it seems to be more of a hardware issue than a software issue,
    It's like I just turn off the screen and don't go into deep sleep mode

Last edited by Gausak, Sep 1, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - atmosphere, Battery, drain