Batman Arkham Knight - delayed until 2015

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by T-hug, Apr 23, 2014.

1. T-hug
    OP

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    [​IMG]

A NeoGAF member has posted some information obtained from this year's WonderCon regarding the upcoming release of Batman: Arkham Knight:

The game's official site hasn't been updated yet, so treat this info as a rumor for now.

[-UPDATE- 03/06/14-]

The game has now officially been delayed until 2015

:arrow:Source
    :arrow:Source 2

Terenigma and Jiehfeng like this.

2. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    As long as it's good, I couldn't care less; I'd rather see this wax than Wayne.

xwatchmanx, Densetsu and Relf like this.
  3. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    good give them time to get all the bugs out this time

4. rusty_train

rusty_train GBAtemp Regular

Mar 25, 2013
    i would be ok with that, since apparently the GTX 800 series has also been delayed till later this year, early next, gives me more time to upgrade other parts of my PC like CPU and RAM

5. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    It's hard to top Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City, but even more so when it has pretty much the same gameplay.

I'm not saying it's as bad as Sleeping Dogs' gameplay but it's not that great.

6. shakirmoledina

shakirmoledina Legend

Oct 23, 2004
    Tanzania
    Dar es Salaam
    u mean a whole year... possible considering this series has always been about quality and not milking

7. WiiCube_2013

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    It's a quality game but gameplay-wise it hardly changes between the three.

8. Jiehfeng

Jiehfeng A not so serious guy tbh... ;D

Aug 15, 2012
    New Caledonia
    Inside your miiind, and poof.
    Great! That gives me time to get a good pc.

9. tbgtbg

tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

Nov 27, 2006
    United States
    RUMOR: Extra time is needed because they're porting it to WiiU after all....

:evil:

10. DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM GBAtemp Guru

Feb 10, 2009
    United States
    Sacramento, California

Wouldn't that be ironic.

11. mkdms14

mkdms14 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 30, 2012
    United States
    Damn now until E3 there is nothing I am looking forward to playing this year beside Mario Kart 8 & Smash Bros. Oh well as long as there is no bugs in the game I don't mind waiting a bit more time unlike Arkham Origins which has several game-breaking bugs with in it.

12. Issac

Issac I

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Issac is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 10, 2004
    Sweden
    Sweden
    I don't mind the delay actually. It gives me more time to either get a PS4 or ugrade my computer :)

13. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    ...I didn't know it was (is?) originally scheduled for this year.

14. VMM

VMM Hamon > Stand

GBAtemp Patron
    VMM is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 1, 2010
    Brazil
    There is still plenty of games for me to play on PS3,
    I'm not gonna buy PS4 anytime soon, so for me, it could still be released in 2016 and I wouldn't mind.
    Also, if this delay represents any benefit to the game, like less bug, more content, better fps, or anything else,
    I think it's a very welcomed delay.

15. WiiCube_2013

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Potential titles for upcoming Arkham games:

Batman: Arkham Souls
    Batman: Arkham Agent
    Batman: Arkham Infinite
    Batman: Arkham Shell
    Batman: Arkham Gears
    Batman: Arkham Wars
    Batman: Arkham Tournament
    Batman: Arkham Overdose
    Batman: Arkham Breakdown
    Batman: Arkham Universe
    Batman: Arkham World
    Batman: Arkham Duty
    Batman: Arkham Battlefield

Just how many more Arkhams will they release before they call it a day? Until people realise they're just playing the same game with better graphics.

16. Jiehfeng

Jiehfeng A not so serious guy tbh... ;D

Aug 15, 2012
    New Caledonia
    Inside your miiind, and poof.

I don't think their potential at all lol. Maybe universe though.

17. WiiCube_2013

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    The point is that each of their titles lack creativity and the gameplay doesn't really change at all.

Now you could say that Nintendo doesn't give two shits about what they name their games and that's true, but at least they do have variety in their games' gameplay.

18. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    You complain that a series is derivative... by making three derivative posts of your own, all essentially saying the same thing.

That's an interesting approach, I'll give you that.

19. WiiCube_2013

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    What's it that people look for in these Arkham games? Graphics? Hurray you got 'em.

There's so much better games like Uncharted, Enslaved, Sonic Generations, Wonderful 101, Xenoblade, Rayman 3 and yet folks are desperate for this rehash.

20. shakirmoledina

shakirmoledina Legend

Oct 23, 2004
    Tanzania
    Dar es Salaam

true, u dont fix what's broken.

The point is the flow in the game's story. I believe a game is made up of more than just the gameplay. You have a great game like Brothers: A tale of two sons and you have Journey. The former did not get the push it deserved because of its Lower quality graphics and Weak Music Score

Note a game like AC2 v AC4. If you ask me, the gameplay for AC4 is definitely better and yet you shall find many who prefer the former.

Coming to journey. Throughout the journey, how much does the game change? Uncharted Series (my favorite series) does not consist of a great deal of change in its gameplay. A few actions more and some changes in aiming however overall game experience remains the same.

The thing is about the Experience that is felt in games like AC2, Batman Arkham, Batman City, Journey, Uncharted etc. This is greatly accomplished by the character development, storyline direction, music, environment/atmosphere and then finally the gameplay.

AC4 had a weak development since they pushed the pirate bit a tad bit long. Uncharted 3 was not received as well as U2 because of the characters not exhibiting themselves in the game and storyline even didn't feel that interesting.

Now finally note that I have not mentioned Arkham Origins BECAUSE it had the following problems
    1. Slow Character Development - A very long wait for Batman to realize his potential
    The characters didn't feel that massive like Joker and Batman did in City and Asylum. Does everyone Cat woman for her slutty-figure or rather for the slutty-nature with a cross of good v bad in herself?

2. Misdirected Storyline - The story jumps between to major enemies however they seem like they could fit in a movie but not in a game. Towards the end, they worked on this and every character had an excellent role to play hence it turned about great for committed players. I was totally bored in the beginning thinking I should just wait this game out.

3. Atmosphere of City was just too memorable and so was the confined area that you worked with in Asylum. Note that Origins did have great places like the Arena, Station & Prison however I can't picture myself remembering something beyond that.

Anyway long post is long and this has been discussed by personalities much more experienced than me.

Just my 2 dollars.