XP
Country
Netherlands
supermatgames said:
kedest said:
supermatgames said:
kedest said:
supermatgames said:
i know this is a stupid question, but what can i actually achieve from using Bannerbomb
im on a virgin 4.0E, and though i understand it will run .dol files.....im not entirely sure what they are, and since it cant install homebrew channel, what exactly can i do with this release?

A dol is an executable homebrew file. Normally the homebrew channel will show a list of all dol files on sd and then you can pick one to run. With this bannerbomb, it will just load 1 dol located in the root. So grab any piece of homebrew you want to try, rename its dol to boot.dol and try it
ah right, cool, cheers man.
so that means i could run, say, USB loader and play some of my backups??
would this work with a downgrade?
and whats the risk of bricking your wii executing a .dol like this?

The backup loader requires the installation of a so-called Custom Ios. At this moment, I think that's still impossible on 4.0.
This BannerBomb will just load a dol, it's not a solution to the other security fixes nintendo has put in place.
The same thing applies to downgrading, that too will need a Custom Ios installed.
But you can run normal dol files to try it out. An emulator for example, I think that should work. There is no risk in running such files, as they only run in memory and do not affect the wii in any permanent way. If it crashes, just reboot.
ah right, but bootmii will sort out these security fixes wont it? making virgin 4.0's totally hackable?

Yes, bootmii should be able to do that. Although Nintendo has changed something on new Wii's that will limit bootmii's possibilites on them. Don't know the exact details. Also check out that link in the post below my previous post. If you don't understand what that topic's about, don't even attempt it. It might brick you if you do it wrong

supermatgames

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Yes, bootmii should be able to do that. Although Nintendo has changed something on new Wii's that will limit bootmii's possibilites on them. Don't know the exact details. Also check out that link in the post below my previous post. If you don't understand what that topic's about, don't even attempt it. It might brick you if you do it wrong
cheers mate, youve cleared afew things up for me there
smile.gif

hopefully bootmii comes along soon! (i got quite an old wii so i should be alright)

pspmte

Trophies
XP
Country
hELLO GUYS

Virgin Wii with 4.0 now has the hombrew channel on it and downgraded bk to 3.2 using cios

Install dvdx34
Install ios35
run wad man 35
Install homebrew wad
then use cioscorps to install the system menu 3.2 ios s

Job done

Big thanks to Comex,Delta

Mate you was right

BTW I FOUND THAT YOU CAN INSTALL THE HOMEBREW CHANNEL, USING OPERA INTERNET CHANNEL ON 4.0 VIRGIN

Comex BB is so much better tho

Krayce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhhh, I get a black screen when I try to install the third option on the first option... for the CMDVDX34. Is that supposed to happen?

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wiiman123 said:
Quick 4.0 virgin downgrade guide (firmware downgrager + cios249)
======================

tell me if im wrong.

1. Load BannerBomb on SD
2. Load cios36 rev10 installer with banner bomb
3. Load Firmware Downgrader 1.11 with banner bomb

... DONE? lol

No, because you can't install cIOS on a virgin 4.0 console using this method. There's another thread that tells you how to downgrade certain files to non-patched versions so that you can downgrade 4.0 though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated