Hacking Banned Switch Can't Do Local Play?

Stardust3033

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ISSUE FIXED

hi so my hacked switch just got banned the other day, and im not even sure why. anyway others say that banned consoles can still do local play (which i have been using since the beginning with my non hacked switch) but now apparently I'm unable to? i just get a communication error in acnh. both are on the same version and updated firmware. is there a fix to this?

Last edited by Stardust3033,
Reactions: grubgrub

kwall24

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not gonna pretend I can solve your issue, but someone mentioned they had issues because of the ldn_mitm module in Tesla.

Make sure you aren't running that.

Stardust3033

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not gonna pretend I can solve your issue, but someone mentioned they had issues because of the ldn_mitm module in Tesla.

Make sure you aren't running that.
thanks for the reply but no I'm not running any modules. it's weird bc local play works of i put both switches on sleep mode and wake then up and immediately go on local play. if not i get a communication error?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi so my hacked switch just got banned the other day, and im not even sure why. anyway others say that banned consoles can still do local play (which i have been using since the beginning with my non hacked switch) but now apparently I'm unable to? i just get a communication error in acnh. both are on the same version and updated firmware. is there a fix to this?
Post a screenshot of the error code.

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
We tried is a few months ago and local play should work with CFW Switches.
We did turn off Wifi completely though.
But maybe Nintendo changed something with the latest update.

Stardust3033

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Post a screenshot of the error code.
Super late but It just said commination error in-game, no error code involved.

Thanks for the reply tho. Just incase anyone still has the same issues, I fixed the issue awhile back by rebooting both the hacked and non-hacked switch, then resetting the cache on the hacked switch, as well as deleting all network settings. From there turn on Airplane mode and go to system settings and make sure Bluetooth and NFC are off but Wifi is turned on. (don't actually have any saved networks or internet connections though) For some reason this fixed the local play functions. If the issue comes up again, just repeat these steps. hope this helps someone

Stardust3033

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you're NOT being helpful, wouldn't be surprised if nintendo has new tricks up their sleeves to detect hacked consoles even with emunand (or is in the process of developing new techniques)
nintendo definitely has something else they use, bc i literally never went online with this switch. just solely for local play functions.

• Haha
Reactions: Dragon91Nippon

moe023

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I'm having the same issue right now.. have no idea about Idm_mtm thing. Can someone please elaborate?.

AdmiralSpeedy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nintendo definitely has something else they use, bc i literally never went online with this switch. just solely for local play functions.

Lol, not possible my dude. If you never took it online while running CFW, then they have absolutely no way of banning you. SciresM as had like one console banned since he started Atmosphere and it was because he was playing around with CDN.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I'm having the same issue right now.. have no idea about Idm_mtm thing. Can someone please elaborate?.
literrally there are a thread about that (ldn_mitm no ldm_mtm) is very friendly, you can read it and try to implement.

ldm_mitm allows you to play with a banned or un-banned switch in LAN play mode or Wireles mode with using Big N servers.

For wireless mode even you don't need to have CFW on your switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRjqI-fBVI&pp=ygUPVml0Z2luIG1hZ2ljaWFu