backup SD

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by jeannotte, Dec 5, 2016.

1. jeannotte
    OP

jeannotte GBAtemp Regular

Jun 15, 2016
    France
    Hello,

Can I copy the game backups from the SD (with Loadiine) to the usb (USB key) of the wii U ??

If so, with what homebrew ??

Thank you . :D

2. apachehavok

apachehavok GBAtemp Fan

Jan 17, 2014
    Angola
    No Loadline compatible games are not compatible with USB. Also there is no such thing as the "USB Key"

3. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    you currently can't transfer games directly from the format used by loadiine on SD to the format used by the WiiU to the HDD.
    You need to either :
    - get the game in encrypted format (not in loadiine format), either by dumping your disc with Wudump and extracting the WUD file, or getting the encrypted game using NUSgrabber or JNUSTool or any downloader with ticket, .
    or
    - encrypt the loadiine format to an installable format with NUSpacker, but it will not generate a proper signature and that game will only work on a custom firmware.

After using one of the two choices, you will have to use Wup installer to install the encrypted game to your console's HDD using WUP Installer.
    I don't think any user are relying on the second choice. encrypting the game with bad signature is harder than just finding the proper game on Nintendo's servers ;)

By USB Key I think he meant it's a flash stick (a USB key), not a hard drive.

4. icw35

icw35 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 22, 2010
    Yes you can. saviine. I did it with all my games.

Oh game backup, u mean entire games? yes and no (cyan is spot on). I meant save games. my bad.

Last edited by icw35, Dec 5, 2016
  5. jeannotte
    OP

jeannotte GBAtemp Regular

Jun 15, 2016
    France
    Thank you very much for your answers. I will see all this.;)